Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bracket racer
13,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best combination of springs to get your initial timing around 20-22 degrees, and total around 36-38, preferably all in by 3000RPM? This is a Mr. Gasket curve kit....all the chart they provided does is confuse the hell out of me. Vacuum advance will NOT be used.

·
Hit Em In Da Mouf Racing
15,445 Posts
I always use the lightest in combination with the next to the lightest , however this will vary depending on cam , compression and so forth. Every combo is different this is something you will have to play with .

·
Bracket racer
13,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always use the lightest in combination with the next to the lightest , however this will vary depending on cam , compression and so forth. Every combo is different this is something you will have to play with .
That's what I have right now...one black spring (lightest), one silver spring (middle spring). The timing SEEMS to be where I need it, but I haven't really spun the motor high enough sitting still to make sure it's not pumping too much timing in. I've checked it around 3500 and it said 37, and the initial at 900 was 22-23.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts