Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you guys running really heavy nitrous keeping from lifting your heads? I'm currently finishing up a 23* sbc that's probably going to require a 52 jet on the direct port system to be competitive and a fellow racer who runs a similar combo cant keep from lifting his and its been O ringed. I've discussed tapping my block for 1/2" head studs to help give it a little more strength, has anyone done this and does it help? Thanks guys any useful info would be greatly appreciated!

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How big is engine and at what weight are you running ?? SJ
Steve it's the 401 you have me some tech help with in the spring. It made 1.78 hp per cube with the unported AFR227s. They are going to Curtis at RFD for softening then to my head porter Ronny Abbott for porting. Still trying to make the needed N/A hp before I get the direct port system put on the intàke.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I thought Jon reset it at the last race Carp?
If Jon did I missed that pass , we were suppose to race in the finals but I could not make the call . Jon did win the race though

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If Jon did I missed that pass , we were suppose to race in the finals but I could not make the call . Jon did win the race though
I was at the starting line when he made one pass later in the night, thought it was 4.82, may have been an .87 with my old eyes. Ha!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I was at the starting line when he made one pass later in the night, thought it was 4.82, may have been an .87 with my old eyes. Ha!
I pretty sure I was the only car to make a 4.80s that race.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I pretty sure I was the only car to make a 4.80s that race.
Fairly sure I saw Jon run in the .82 or .87, any useful info to add other than what you've posted??

·
Registered
352 Posts
Fairly sure I saw Jon run in the .82 or .87, any useful info to add other than what you've posted??
Honesty Bruce I wait until the rule changes come out I am sure they change a few things now the at small blocks have figured out how to run quick.
My combo is simple, factory valve angle heads,4150 carb and intake. And a single fogger.
we change head gaskets after about 15 passes, (small block ford). I sure if you could drill and tap your block for bigger studs it help.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Honesty Bruce I wait until the rule changes come out I am sure they change a few things now the at small blocks have figured out how to run quick.
My combo is simple, factory valve angle heads,4150 carb and intake. And a single fogger.
we change head gaskets after about 15 passes, (small block ford). I sure if you could drill and tap your block for bigger studs it help.
Ok thanks, Travis sent me a message, said to be careful opening up the thru holes on the heads as I could get into the runners. Hell if they add weight to my 23*, cast intake, 4150 combo I'm out altogether. If it was a 450"+ sbc with some 23* ALL PROs flowing .420 cfm I might could run with the big cube sbf, but its a 4.155 bore, 3.700 stroke AFR headed engine. We can run the Mean Street races that the have with the 5.10 to 5.30 floating cap without burning it to the ground, but there aren't many of them and they are always at least 4 to 6 hours away.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Good lord, how much do you have to weigh for a 50+ jet to run 80's? We run 80's all day in our Limited 275 car at 2900lbs with a 40 jet.
My combo has to weigh 2900lbs ,we not ran anything close to a 50 jet . The class record is 4.87

·
Registered
352 Posts
How much NA power are you making? I got a small tire LSX about to go on the pump, wondering how much I will need for nitrous.
No idea,how much na power it makes ,we made one motor pass on it back in the spring and I think it went 6.38 or so at 110mph last pass we went [email protected]

·
Registered
352 Posts
How much NA power are you making? I got a small tire LSX about to go on the pump, wondering how much I will need for nitrous.
We have a factory valve angle sbf with a true 4150 intake and a carb.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good lord, how much do you have to weigh for a 50+ jet to run 80's? We run 80's all day in our Limited 275 car at 2900lbs with a 40 jet.
You run 80s all day with a 401" 23* cast headed engine on a 40 jet? What's your secret because that's a LOT of HP before nitrous!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts