Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently run a W8 Mopar race head on my NOS motor. The heads are 15* heads with a 2.225 intake and a 1.58 exhaust. I am looking at going to an F-2 Procharger setup. I will be limited to a 357 cu. in displacement with our rules. I have an aluminum block with a 4.165 bore. Are these heads average or great as far as Procharging is concerned? They flow nearly 400 cfm but I have talked to a few people who say that a turbo or Procharged motor needs a different head layout than a NOS motor does. Any help would be appreciated. I know nothing when it comes to this. I have always ran nitrous but know that Turbos and Prochargers are the future. Also do most guys run aluminum rods or steel rods in an allout race motor? I currenly run GRP's with JE pistons. Also, who has the best fuel injection system for my application?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Glad to see you over here .....just make sure they are bolted down good because that pro-charger is goinmg to be trying it'sd best to blow them off....

I ain't much on chargers...but a real good flowing head as long as the deck surface is strong should outperform a marginally good flowing head...JUst make sure the right cam is picked...and beefy pistons!

Good luck....

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I will either run the new aluminum XR block or another alum. Sprint car block like I have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts