Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI i am building a 400 sbf twin turbo i want to make around 1800 2000 hp but cant decide on what heads to run i would like to stay with a windsor head but if not a canted valve head is ok

i was looking at the 255cc tea tfs hi port head i would like to here some recomendations:smt100:smt100:smt100

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
HI i am building a 400 sbf twin turbo i want to make around 1800 2000 hp but cant decide on what heads to run i would like to stay with a windsor head but if not a canted valve head is ok

i was looking at the 255cc tea tfs hi port head i would like to here some recomendations:smt100:smt100:smt100
WAITNC on here just bought some CHI heads building the same combo you are talking about look killer full CNC ported they are Australian made based on a clevo only problem flow huge numbers out the box

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
C3 Yates or the Neals.

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts
If you want to keep an inline valve head I would run a set of Edelbrock Victor 7721 heads . That is what I have for my car and they will work great .

·
Registered
42 Posts
if you want to stay windsor style head and the class you want to runs allows them check out the CFE Pro King heads,
they will flow more than the victors and the intake runner is raised over 1" higher the victor heads,
they are expensive though, I think close to $4500 for a bare set of heads,
If you want to go with a canted valve than the Blue Thunders or Brodix Neals would be my first choice

·
mfi turbos rule
4,503 Posts
the svo heads from mbe , are currently the the best n/a flowing heads being used on australia ford pro stock cars...

other than that, billet

have seen and held sc1's , brodix neal , and svo mbe heads..
all good quality

go with the best quality you can afford.
think of the whole package...
heads and intake...

ash

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
What are you trying to run? Don't get caught up in dyno numbers and head flow numbers. I've seen TFS high ports run low 7s in the 1/4 with SBF.... Just because one head flows more than another does not mean it's better for your application. Bench flows are good for comparison. Running engines do not mimic bench flows and when you force boost things begin to flow real good. Use a head that will fit the spring you need for the cam you need valves etc... Victors would be a good start for inlines.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I run a pair of CHI heads. They are a very good quality head and they make an awsome intake to go with them.

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
At that power level most of the inline heads will start to crack around the plug holes. I would go with a canted valve Blue thunder,Neal etc becuase the head is so much stronger and stiffer. The canted valve heads also tend to push less water.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thank u all for youre help i will go to a canted valve head were is the best place to get a set of brodix neals

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
thank u all for youre help i will go to a canted valve head were is the best place to get a set of brodix neals
I have an entire 400" SBF with Neal heads ready to run if your interested.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'm using CHI 258 cc on my 420cuin SBF single GT45 .

The only problem i see with chi is the exhaust bolt pattern. One of the bolt holes are so close to the port edge its not funny. I am using headder plates with mine.

They would be so much better with a Yates exhaust bolt pattern

Otherwise I think these heads are a good product.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I would for sure go with a canted valve type head for what you are trying to do,they are just easyier to make power with and are stronger like others have said.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts