Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the heads for a 408w that will give me the most HP for around $2200. I know that's not alot of money for great heads but it's what in my budget. I also want these heads work well on a larger motor like 427 if I build one later down the road. it's for a drag only car that will have at least 12.5 compression and a custom cam.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You can get sum yates nowadays for that price. Hell theres a guy on NMRA selling fully ported R heads with matching intake pushrods, rockers, & girdle for 2K. The search button is your friend.

Later

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I have a set of Brodix track 1 225cnc heads with shaft rockers all ready to go for 2k. Also will be selling a set of Yates c3's, shaft rockers and intake for a 9.5 deck for $2,500. Let me know it you are interests and I will get you pics.

·
Long Live The King
102,851 Posts
TFS highport or a good set of used yates style head.
Can he get a set of TFS highports for $2k ?

I was thinking about selling my AFR 225's and crower rockers for $2k :confused: just haven't posted them yet.

G-

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the input guys. I need a little help going in the right direction since this is my first real serious motor build. originally I was thinking about TFS R but I really don't have a preference. for a little more info this is going in a 64 comet with a MII front suspension. I have a new PA super comp C4, 9" with 4.11 gears, and it should weigh around 3000lbs with me in it. my goal is to run low 6s in the eighth.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I ran 5.80's with the victor jr heads out of the box. I've been 5.40's after TEA ported them. I really like the victor jr heads for the money.

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
I have a set of bad ass TFS R heads new castings. They are 4000 with rockers and valve covers. I know you said 2000. If it where my money I would go with AFR 225.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have a pair of NEW in the box CNC Z304PA ford racing heads.. Complete with 2.08/1.60 valves for 2K

PM me i get you some pictures and info if you like. Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts