Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 352 c.i. small chevy with a 8-71 BDS Air-Loc roots blower on E-85. It is run a BS3 EFI system. The compression is 9.25 to 1 and has AFR 227 Heads. I am making 15-16# of boost and have 2" tubes and 3.5" exhaust. I am wondering if I should have larger primaries to help flow and horsepower... What is your opinion?????

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
very nice,very clean build. 2" will be ok. PS, if you ever deside to run that car at a NHRA track,you cannot run the fuel reg. on the firewall.good luck.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
very nice,very clean build. 2" will be ok. PS, if you ever deside to run that car at a NHRA track,you cannot run the fuel reg. on the firewall.good luck.
Thank you... I actually have the regulator on 2" spacers off the firewall (cannot see in pics due to overhang of firewall) and it passes tech at NHRA tech. Do you think 2"
tubes would be a problem if i turn it up to 20 to 22#???

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Thank you... I actually have the regulator on 2" spacers off the firewall (cannot see in pics due to overhang of firewall) and it passes tech at NHRA tech. Do you think 2"
tubes would be a problem if i turn it up to 20 to 22#???
I ran 2" tubes on a 441 sbf with 36lbs before and went 4.70's. Was it the optimum header, probably not, but it worked still.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
the only thing you will gain in a bigger tube will be killing a little bottom end,but with a blower,it makes so much T/Q it will be a waste of $$ to change to a bigger tube.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
That's looks so sick. Do you have a build thread or more info on the injection setup?

·
Registered
614 Posts
I would think you would gain hp and torque with a bigger set of pipes. Are the one your using super comps/ equal length or just standard?

·
Registered
515 Posts
i think your 2" will be just fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts