Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fixing a crack in my header on my turbo regal. Should I mig or tig it. I can mig it myself tonight or give it to my friend to tig which may take weeks but be free. What would you guys do?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Is it something you will always see? If not, MIG would be good for most people.

·
slams revolving doors
3,858 Posts
Just mig it.

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
Yeah where's the bad spot on it Dude? If you don't need it for a bit (Me personally) I would Tig it but I am One A-N-A-L Bastard! That's just me Dude! Good Luck! \m/

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
What are they made of? If they happen to be stainless, then I would remove it so it could be purged while being TIG welded no matter where the crack is.

·
slams revolving doors
3,858 Posts
Unless it's going to be purged there is little reason to tig it to me.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Believe it or not but old fashioned torch welding w/ good s2 filler wire would probably be the best and it may not crack again. Once it cracks it will likely crack again in the same area if migged or even tigged.

·
Registered
42,151 Posts
Believe it or not but old fashioned torch welding w/ good s2 filler wire would probably be the best and it may not crack again. Once it cracks it will likely crack again in the same area if migged or even tigged.
This. Drill a hole at each end of the crack and get the bitch good and hot before you weld it. Let it cool slowly.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts