Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of gaskets do you guys use??Copper, steel core gasket or just silicone.

I have Avenger 230CC-R with stock header gasket bolt pattern so im restricted of a decent gasket..A lot of the ones i trye3d i've had to port them out and they keep blowing out every 12-15 passes.the flange is 1/2 thick and is not warped.

Any options???

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
What type of gaskets do you guys use??Copper, steel core gasket or just silicone.

I have Avenger 230CC-R with stock header gasket bolt pattern so im restricted of a decent gasket..A lot of the ones i trye3d i've had to port them out and they keep blowing out every 12-15 passes.the flange is 1/2 thick and is not warped.

Any options???
Silicone ;)

·
Registered
331 Posts
High temp red or I've had good luck with Right Stuff. Key is a straight header flange. What's nice is nothing to compress so bolts don't loosen up.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I've been using Cometic header gaskets. Work badass as long as your header flanges arent warped to crap.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Silicone

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
REMFLEX... Trust me... Nothing else comes close.. Far and away the best I've ever used..

Loose header bolts.. Warpped flanges.. They seal everything..

·
Registered
515 Posts
cometic work great

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
REMFLEX... Trust me... Nothing else comes close.. Far and away the best I've ever used..

Loose header bolts.. Warpped flanges.. They seal everything..
where do i get this at??? I just had another set of gaskets laying around so i put them on with copper spray.we will see how that works and if it blows i will switch..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts