Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a part number for header gaskets that fit hooker headers for a sbf with adapter plates these are the hooker 1 7/8 super comp for a fox the header has the diagonal pattern and the heads have the cross pattern i am using afr heads.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Never had any luck with the gasket... Red Hi-Temp RTV is the only way to go...my .02
Done it both ways and both leak.. So do you guys don't use any gaskets? Gasket for the spacer and gasket for the header? Please explain.

Thanks I'd like a new way that would not leak...Todd

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
side note: header studs make a HUGE difference. they can be a pain at times but are well worth it.

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
you can transfer the port layout onto a sheet of paper and fax it to cometic. they will make perfect metal embossed fiber gaskets for the regular price. been on my car for 6 years without a problem.:smt115

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Are you sure that the mating surfaces are flat? I would check them against a straight edge and see if you can slip a feeler gauge between the straight edge and the header flanges etc. If you have already used the RTV have you allowed it to cure before installation and use?

·
Registered
463 Posts
felpro 1427 hope that helps. same as the kooks pattern

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Raceboy, if you use your hooker header part number at summit your header will come up and click on the related or suggested parts and the needed gaskets will be apart of that.

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
Done it both ways and both leak.. So do you guys don't use any gaskets? Gasket for the spacer and gasket for the header? Please explain.

Thanks I'd like a new way that would not leak...Todd

If the head and flanges are flat there shouldnt be a issue with RTV.. I have never had a header tube leak at the head..

On my HiPort setup I used the RTV between the adapter plates as well as the gasket material with RTV and never had an issue.. And used the RTV on the header flange as well without issue.

·
Registered
16,449 Posts
Flat surfaces and copper gasket maker.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Red high temp RTV been using it for years on headers and adapter plates,,,,,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts