Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the trend for awhile has been to have fender exit headers. Has the old school thinking of under car exit headers with an extension for exhaust tuning gone the way of the Chevette?
I'll be having a custom set made for my big block Camaro and I'm all about making more power, not looking cool or being trendy.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Ground/chassis clearance is about the only real reason to "need" fender exit headers, especially with a mid plate. It's a little less heat under the driver's feet, can be a little quieter in the cabin, and can be easier to install, especially with big primaries. If none of those are concerns, there's no reason not to do what you're wanting, especially on an NA motor IMO.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Yep... the only reason folks are running headers out the front or fender is because they can't fit them under the car anymore..... Low ground clearance, all those floor bars in 25.x chassis.

I spent hundreds of hours fitting my stuff under the car, complete with exhaust and mufflers to the rear end, because one of the classes I race in required it..... I mean try fitting 3.5" pipes and mufflers under a C4 Corvette..... A year later the rule maker caved to all the former X and Ultra guys wanting to step down and allowed fender/bumper exit exhaust. What a waste of fucking time and $$$$ on my part.
Will

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ground/chassis clearance is about the only real reason to "need" fender exit headers, especially with a mid plate. It's a little less heat under the driver's feet, can be a little quieter in the cabin, and can be easier to install, especially with big primaries. If none of those are concerns, there's no reason not to do what you're wanting, especially on an NA motor IMO.
Right on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts