Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Real Estate Tycoon
16,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time as a civilian. Leaving in two weeks for a week of training, followed by 6 months in Kuwait building and modifying engines/vehicles. I'll be buying a new toy when I get back, which is the big reason I volunteered. Any YB members deployed over there at the moment?:)

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,964 Posts
GOOD LUCK....AND BE CAREFUL!

·
Real Estate Tycoon
16,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kev, and will do!

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
good luck , be safe , my wife cousin in boston spent 6 munth working out there , helping with the water system
he said it was mest up

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was over there for a year. If I was going to go for that little bit of cash I would have landed a contract job in Iraqi or Afghanistan for more money. I will tell you have fun at the gates coming and going.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Lotza friends in the AO. I retired before the current administration took over.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
Be careful out there regardless of your position, A few friends of ours were deployed 3-weeks ago

I heard civilian convoy drivers earn $100 K a year driving, any truth to this?

·
Real Estate Tycoon
16,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was over there for a year. If I was going to go for that little bit of cash I would have landed a contract job in Iraqi or Afghanistan for more money. I will tell you have fun at the gates coming and going.
OH, i've been there a few times when I was in the Army. I work for DOD as a civilian now, so the pay is MUCH better!:)

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm in the shitbox i mean sandbox over here for the last 4 yrs, I work 10 miles north of camp arifjan call me when you get here I'll try to show you around so your not lost running from one end of the country to try and find a real grocery store and shit like that...Later

Kory 6641-7422 Kuwait company cell ( i usually scan my calls so If I dont answer send a text with YB member )

·
Registered
199 Posts

whats up Douche Canoe???? You cant return messages or emails to your friends! What are you doing now? Thought you were coming back over as a cv, Your probably bullshitting and drinking beer all day! If you are :butthead:

Kory

·
Gas Passer
4,982 Posts
This time as a civilian. Leaving in two weeks for a week of training, followed by 6 months in Kuwait building and modifying engines/vehicles. I'll be buying a new toy when I get back, which is the big reason I volunteered. Any YB members deployed over there at the moment?:)
I am in the bucket this June. James

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
Get home safe!

·
Registered
378 Posts
good luck and be safe, my brother is in afganistan now with the navy sea-bees. thanks for protecting our country!

·
Real Estate Tycoon
16,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm in the shitbox i mean sandbox over here for the last 4 yrs, I work 10 miles north of camp arifjan call me when you get here I'll try to show you around so your not lost running from one end of the country to try and find a real grocery store and shit like that...Later

Kory 6641-7422 Kuwait company cell ( i usually scan my calls so If I dont answer send a text with YB member )
Will do, and thanks man! I'll be at Arifjan

I am in the bucket this June. James
If you're at Arifjan, look me up.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Hey Ed, take your buffer with you and teach those fuckers how to buff out their headlights. ;)

·
DON'T LIFT - JUST SHIFT
1,177 Posts
Man becareful and God Bless you Bro.

·
Real Estate Tycoon
16,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Be careful out there regardless of your position, A few friends of ours were deployed 3-weeks ago

I heard civilian convoy drivers earn $100 K a year driving, any truth to this?
Sounds about right from what I've heard, but I guess it depends on the company.
Hey Ed, take your buffer with you and teach those fuckers how to buff out their headlights. ;)
:smt082:smt082

1 - 20 of 38 Posts