Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to move to Fond du Lac WI. What heads up series and tracks are nearby. Joliet will be about 5 hours away, but what can I find closer? I don't see the heads-up TT5 stuff there that I see in the south central US...

·
Registered
82 Posts
great lakes dragaway, Union Grove, WI True Street Drag Racing, and Nitrous street car brawl, both held there.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Closet would be WIR in Kaukauna but I don't know about any series there and the track is pretty rough.

Great Lakes Dragaway is in Union Grove WI which would probably be about 2 hours or so from Fond Du Lac. They have the NSCB and the True Street Series. There are also a few smaller series also.

GLD would be your best bet for sure for anything fast. Look at their website and Truestreetracing.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Theres one in byron ill. Dont know if its still open but if i remember correctly its about 2.5 hrs away from you. its been a while since i was out there

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Your closest track would be WIR (IHRA) but they don't have any weekly heads up racing. We tried to get a series started several years ago led by Mike Holdridge (Red 6 sec Pro Street Impala) but there was no interest. Your best bet would be GLD and Byron as I believe they both run the same heads up series with different classes called Nitrous Street Car Brawl. GLD is NHRA and Byron is IHRA. All three tracks are 1/4 mile. There is another track in the Eau Claire, WI area which we really like, and Al Corda runs a lot of different kinds of programs. Unlimited parking, camping, out in the country, and very friendly staff. Also NHRA 1/4 mile.

Paul

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you gentlemen. I had someone local tell me about the True Street series also. I am curious about the cap on some of the classes this series has. I could see that turn into a quasi index.

Anybody know about the BIGSTUFF3 TRUE STREET class with this organization? I am curious about the ET spread and how close these guys are running to the 8.0 cap. Also, what SB nitrous cars are in the class?

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
true street runs pretty close to the 8.0 cap some guys from 7.70 jumped into the 8.0 when the two classes got combined....tom olsen went 8.08 i think with a small block i have been 8.18 at nmca weight the black lsx camaro went 8.11 and the rest is around the 8 teens very competitive class with some nmca xstreet cars and local racers who know how to get it done the class has been the fixture for true street for quite a while...

·
Registered
192 Posts
IMSM Powermaster Racing Series part of Nitrous Street Car Brawl in 2010
IMSM Powermaster Racing Series to race as part of the Nitrous Street Car Brawls in 2010!!!
Written by: Mike McClure

(Union Grove, WI) It's official… the IMSM Powermaster Racing Series in cooperation with the legendary Great Lakes Dragaway have just completed the signing of a contract to have all its events run exclusively at Great Lakes Dragaway in 2010. Over the past couple of weeks track owners Dominic Blasco and Randy Henning have met with IMSM President, Phil Delaney and IMSM Director of Track Relations, CJ Williams to discuss future possibilities for all parties involved. On Monday, October 12th, 2009 the track owners submitted a proposal to make the IMSM Powermaster Racing Series a Great Lakes Dragaway exclusive. After some discussion with the IMSM Board of Directors, current sponsors, and a vote taken by the Board of Directors, Mr. Williams accepted the offer from GLD on Wednesday, October 14th, 2009 . Further details are that 7 of the 8 races for the IMSM Powermaster Racing Series will take place as part of the Nitrous Street Car Brawl dates currently hosted by Great Lakes Dragaway. The IMSM has run 2 dates with the Nitrous Street Car Brawl in 2009 and seem to be a terrific fit for that program. The remaining 8th date will be determined in the upcoming future by the IMSM as scheduling permits.

The IMSM Powermaster Racing Series will have more to offer in 2010 all the way around and this should be a terrific fit for the series. More details are forth coming in regards to what exciting new things will be added and what changes will occur for the upcoming season. The IMSM President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Board of Directors are all hard at work securing sponsorships and refining the series for 2010 to make sure that the IMSM, Great Lakes Dragaway, and the Nitrous Street Car Brawl all benefit from the arrangements for 2010. While accomplishing this we will continue to provide family entertainment in an environment that welcomes all ages for years to come, have great racing action on the track, and good times had by all off the track when the racing is done. We feel that we have a lot to offer to the Nitrous Street Car Brawls and GLD and that they can offer our sponsors, racers, and fans a lot in return. We look forward to running at Great Lakes Dragaway next year and are aiming to make the 2010 IMSM Powermaster Racing Series season the best one yet!!! Come on out and be a part of it!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Your closest track would be WIR (IHRA) but they don't have any weekly heads up racing. We tried to get a series started several years ago led by Mike Holdridge (Red 6 sec Pro Street Impala) but there was no interest. Your best bet would be GLD and Byron as I believe they both run the same heads up series with different classes called Nitrous Street Car Brawl. GLD is NHRA and Byron is IHRA. All three tracks are 1/4 mile. There is another track in the Eau Claire, WI area which we really like, and Al Corda runs a lot of different kinds of programs. Unlimited parking, camping, out in the country, and very friendly staff. Also NHRA 1/4 mile.

Paul
that would be rock falls, but you wont see any heads up racing there. Or anything very fast for that matter. the track prep is...lacking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts