Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Read to get my heads ported they are Dart 230 23deg, the head never been touch. What shop would u guys recommended thanks.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I heard about DR J but dont now much, And another guy called Ben Almeda but his a big time ford guy and most of his motor are all motor no spray.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
PKRE, look at the 398 inch motor he had at scan a few years ago with his own port work in a dart 215. Give Paul a call he is a great guy. BTW dont use Ben

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick feed back, I now a lil about Ben from the track. A customer of his recently told me that Ben justest built him a lil 406 sbc for him for a lot Nitrous uses and it had 15.5 comp and i said GOD DAME he said nitrous likes comp, I told him good luck tunning it on the nitrous i turned around and walked away.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
B.E.S.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hate to be Mr. Negative here but i'm not too sure the cost of porting
those heads will be worth the gain. What exactly are you shooting for?
How big is the motor? What does the car weigh? Are you all motor or nitrous?

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
Nitrous motors and N/A motors, while similar, are still vastly different. The best N/A head in the world, may not be right for nitrous. So with that said, you send the heads to somebody who knows what it takes to make a nitrous motor run. BES was mentioned, good choice, as would be Charlie Buck, Jeff Naiser, Curtis Boggs, etc. While there may be a local guy that does good work that nobody has heard of, thats rare. Usually guys who are good with nitrous motors............that gets around and they are heard about.

Monte

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
After talking to joker on here I would think Russ racing engines would be good. His car has dart 230's on a 421 and runs 5.1x on one kit

·
6,816 Posts
After talking to joker on here I would think Russ racing engines would be good. His car has dart 230's on a 421 and runs 5.1x on one kit
yeah its been @ 511 @ 139 with some porting done by RUSS RACING ENGINES here in Hollywood

·
Registered
374 Posts
All i'm saying is after paying for the port job, mabye some bigger intake valves, cut the seats, new springs and possibly gain 40-50hp. Estimate putting $2000 into the heads I might consider other options. Good luck either way.........

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
All i'm saying is after paying for the port job, mabye some bigger intake valves, cut the seats, new springs and possibly gain 40-50hp. Estimate putting $2000 into the heads I might consider other options. Good luck either way.........
such as what ? if you looking to build a 23* combo and want an all out deal then your not going to get a CNC ou tthe box head

1 - 20 of 45 Posts