Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently using a Simpson Hybrid that is a few years old. Want to upgrade to something newer this year for myself and or my son who is about the same size. What are you using,and what do you recommend?

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Hey Mark I use the Hybrid and agree it's a pain to put on , but the Wife uses the NexGen and it works well for her.

She bought hers at the local speed shop Precise Racing in Sarver , and what's nice they stock all the parts for it.

If you go NexGen I would locktite every fastener on it ones you get it fitted correctly , we have lost many small parts over the years before doing so.

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Mark I use the Hybrid and agree it's a pain to put on , but the Wife uses the NexGen and it works well for her.

She bought hers at the local speed shop Precise Racing in Sarver , and what's nice they stock all the parts for it.

If you go NexGen I would locktite every fastener on it ones you get it fitted correctly , we have lost many small parts over the years before doing so.
Were you able to try out different sizes there and see what fit her best?

·
Registered
13,129 Posts
I thought I've seen some of the NASCAR drivers remove them attached to the helmet. I couldn't even get a Hans around my neck, never mind over my huge melon :ROFLMAO:

I wonder what they were?

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Were you able to try out different sizes there and see what fit her best?
Precise is a cool little speed shop just down the road from Lernerville Speedway on rt 356 , also they are the Mid Atlantic Hoosier Tire warehouse.

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Precise is a cool little speed shop just down the road from Lernerville Speedway on rt 356 , also they are the Mid Atlantic Hoosier Tire warehouse.
I will be giving them a call. I like to support "local" as much as I can. Even though I reside in Podunk county and there ain't shit down here.

·
Vendor
6,445 Posts
I will be giving them a call. I like to support "local" as much as I can. Even though I reside in Podunk county and there ain't shit down here.
Mark, hit me up. Sorry I was at the track this weekend and just saw this but you can contact me through my site. We have used the NecksGen for three years now. I used to run a Simspon Hybrid. For every Simpson I sell, I sell 20 NecksGens. I also sell Hans and Z-tech. I can tell you the ins and outs on their models if you want. I have been on the bullet for a long time and am have been given "Vendor" status on here because I have always offered deals to the members, below what's on my site. Let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hey Mr. Hockey. What kind of deals do bullet members get? I’m interested in the necks gen myself, I’ve been interested for a couple years, and haven’t had the chance to try one on, so I haven’t purchased anything. I was looking at the rev2 carbon model. The sizing is kinda strange to me. How accurate is the sizing chart?

·
Vendor
6,445 Posts
Hey Mr. Hockey. What kind of deals do bullet members get? I’m interested in the necks gen myself, I’ve been interested for a couple years, and haven’t had the chance to try one on, so I haven’t purchased anything. I was looking at the rev2 carbon model. The sizing is kinda strange to me. How accurate is the sizing chart?
The sizing chart is what it is. It's not super specific that you have to be exactly a certain size and you only fit that size. There is room to play. They only make three sizes so if you are on the verge of the high end of the graph then I would go up. I sell mostly mediums from teenagers up to grown adults. If you have broad shoulders and say above 200lbs or so I would say you might be a large. They just changed their sizing chart a month or so ago to make it easier to work with. The latest one is on my site. Discount depends on the brand of item people want so it's not specific. On the carbon model I can probably knock about $50 off and give free shipping. Hit me up through my site if you want to ask more specific questions on sizing or just call me. Thanks!

·
Off the stands for 2018!
19,539 Posts
Mark, I have a Necksgen Rev that you are welcome to try on for size. Unfortunately, my helmet is out getting speakers put it in right now, and will not be back until this Friday or maybe even early next week. I left the quick connects for the Necksgen on the helmet when I shipped it out.

·
T/S 368E
28,187 Posts

Doesn't anyone use the Hans anymore??
It can't get much simpler than that??

·
Vendor
6,445 Posts

We had about 30-40 kids in juniors this past weekend at the track and only two had on a Hans brand. I have honestly never sold one. That duckbill behind the helmet tends to change the angle of your head. At one point an aluminum seat had to be “Hans compatible” or something like that because of it. They also tend to hit or get caught on door jambs or bars when exiting in a rush others have said. All devices have the same SFI 38.1 rating so I think people are going for a compact device.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts

I use a Hans Gen2, I'm kinda turned off by anything that I can't put on inside the car, been dealing with bad hip problems and tend to get in the lanes and stay in there while waiting in the lanes because getting in and out has been a real pain. I based that desision off seeing one of my friends that can't even get in his car and strap himself in without help, I'm not sure which brand head restraint he uses, but he has to put everything on plus his helmet and restraint outside the car,

Can some of the ones being discussed be put on while seated in the car? I was initially looking at a Necksgen but went with the Hans based on one friend that uses one.

·
Registered
13,129 Posts
I use a Hans Gen2, I'm kinda turned off by anything that I can't put on inside the car, been dealing with bad hip problems and tend to get in the lanes and stay in there while waiting in the lanes because getting in and out has been a real pain. I based that desision off seeing one of my friends that can't even get in his car and strap himself in without help, I'm not sure which brand head restraint he uses, but he has to put everything on plus his helmet and restraint outside the car,

Can some of the ones being discussed be put on while seated in the car? I was initially looking at a Necksgen but went with the Hans based on one friend that uses one.
I don't see any way to put my hybrid sport on once in the car. It goes on like a back pack and has a strap around the chest area. I can't get in my car with my helmet on, so I'm screwed. I have to get in the car, with the hybrid on (which is easy) then put my helmet on and hook up.

Just reaching back and trying to connect the quick release D-rings can't be done easily.

Reactions: Mark D.

·
T/S 368E
28,187 Posts

I do admit the Hans seems the simplest, but I thought it was too tall and might interfere with the head surround??
I bought the low profile style, and it is definitely heavier than the Hans I checked out.
Haven't tried it yet, so we'll see how it goes if the frigging engine I bought in August ever gets done :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
9,279 Posts
I have the nexgen rev, I tried all the others on, they are a pain in the ass, love my nexgen, I leave it attached to my helmet and take it off and put it on In my Haas car no problems....
Only thing I wish was better is the release teathers are too short... If I need to get out fast I'd like to be able to pull them to release it....
But I love it, have had it about 3 yrs now,

I got my at Krietz oval track parts... He told me most all sprint car drivers left hans and others for the nexgens as in crashes they we fracturing vertebrae In the neck and upper back. I found that interesting....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts