Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across an ad on Facebook Marketplace. This blue BBC steel valve cover got my attention. I replied to the seller asking how the color was applied. Was it dipped, sprayed, etc. He claims he got them in a package when he bought a boat to restore. No marking or decal on the inside. Anybody out there run across this Blue Anodized steel vale cover. I would like to know who the manufacture is.

Thanks for looking,

Attachments

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
That looks like candy blue powder coating over a chrome valve cover.

TS1955
Could very well be. Or a form of hydro dipping with the BLUECHROME or even just paint. I did see a Nissan Skyline painted that color too a few years ago. Boat guys get crazy on pretty things for there offshores......

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I'm with TS1955 . . . . . . Blue powder coat applied to chrome valve covers.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
They used to be popular around here. So were the gold ones. I have a gold one out in the shed I think it's a Moroso. I couldn't say whether it was paint or anodized.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
The actual Moroso covers were Aluminum. I have them in red, and have used blue in the past. S noted they also came in gold. These were very light weight covers.

Those being steel are maybe some sort of blue electo-plating. We used to do that in the mid 90's where you could plate any color as long as there was a chrome base. We usually did a gold package on emblems of cars at the time. I did see blue, green, yellow and red that our guy did to various other chrome surfaces.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I have seen them as small block covers. Like was said they seem to be coated cheap chrome steel covers. I couldn't tell you who made them as they were on a customer car. The good thing I remember is that it was fairly tough. It was not coming off.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
VHT used to make some transparent coating years ago that would make chrome look like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts