Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
46,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled mine from my 2013 F250, and was going to buy a reman long block...But, Ford has NO ETA on any, and Jasper says they will be 4 - 6 months minimum...I have never opened one up, so i'm wondering if there is anything to look/watch out for...Thanks in advance

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
That really sucks that Jasper is saying 4-6 months.

I wonder if parts are available for it.....might be worth checking out before you tear it apart.....hopefully parts availability is not the problem, good luck..

·
Registered
Something with four wheels, sometimes one of the tires isn't flat.
9,007 Posts
Why do you need to rebuild it, is it the miles or did it crap out? I know the 6.0's were junk and the 6.7 was supposed to be a big improvement. I have a 7.3 in an EX so I don't know how different yours is.
You might want to ask around here: 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

·
Trump Voter NRA Member
8,441 Posts
Parts to rebuild it are probably going to be a problem to get. You're not the only guy needing a 6.7, I'll bet a lot of other guys are trying to go the rebuild it road vs reman engine.

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
I pulled mine from my 2013 F250, and was going to buy a reman long block...But, Ford has NO ETA on any, and Jasper says they will be 4 - 6 months minimum...I have never opened one up, so i'm wondering if there is anything to look/watch out for...Thanks in advance
A 2013 would be considered an "early" later models from 2015 were revised considerably. Worth looking into...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Something to keep in mind, Ford does not reman anything, they contract others to do it. Lowest bidder gets the contract. If you want to see how bad that can be, look up "Too Many Toys" on YouTube.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts