Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
***INDASIXES***
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its what ODR was originally meant to be. Lots of guys getting out of it because of the direction of the class but that is what everyone wants I guess. Great job Will on all that you accomplished with that car and GLWS...

·
Banned
18,012 Posts
I remember seeing a video of his car running a 7.58 or something close to that with what looked like a very mild big block, still has 502 valve covers on it. Incredible run at the time. Also remember being at Ducks first race and watching him run a string of 4.70's into the finals. Very sad to see but I guess it's part of evolution of the class.

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
I hope will can keep the car and step back a class or two to continue racing and not have to play the financial game. I have a vague idea of what he is in for and I feel bad that a racer like him would feel its necessary to get out because of what the class has become. There are few more lethal racers on the property then him when he arrives at the gates!

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,632 Posts
WHAT CLASS IS AVAILABLE FOR HIS COMBO?....OUTLAW 275?

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,632 Posts
AND WAS THAT THE REASON TO SELL?

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Is the Dawgfather retiring too. Hate to see this, but it happens to most eventually, still can't believe Lynch quit.

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
With a different motor combo, really any stock suspension class. The problem is he has a true stock suspension car in a class whored out to anything that shows up.

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
He looked into stepping down a class with the car before the latest big block combo. It was cheaper to stay with the big block in ODR.

The car is a killer piece and ultra consistent. It's whooped up on a bunch of well known cars. Somebody who wants to step right into a fast, consistent car, Will can set ya up! 69k for that car is dirt cheap!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Ray royer just sold his I think for pretty much the same reason, he could be competitive in ODR but not what the class has become now.. 4.0's 4.teens, was such a pretty car too and I don't think he even broke it in!

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
You can only run F2 on big block in outlaw 275. Not much to do with rules when sb procharged combos and twins have been 20s and teens on 275s

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts
Ray royer just sold his I think for pretty much the same reason, he could be competitive in ODR but not what the class has become now.. 4.0's 4.teens, was such a pretty car too and I don't think he even broke it in!

Will & Ray would have a place to race if they lived here in Maryland(or in the area atleast)

MIR's newly revised ODR rules/class seems to be doing well.

·
Registered
33,553 Posts
Will & Ray would have a place to race if they lived here in Maryland(or in the area atleast)

MIR's newly revised ODR rules/class seems to be doing well.
Not to high jack the thread but....Chris what color is your car..I love it!!! Had to ask.:cool::D

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,632 Posts
He looked into stepping down a class with the car before the latest big block combo. It was cheaper to stay with the big block in ODR.

The car is a killer piece and ultra consistent. It's whooped up on a bunch of well known cars. Somebody who wants to step right into a fast, consistent car, Will can set ya up! 69k for that car is dirt cheap!
NO DOUBT....THAT'S A TRACK PROVEN CAR....OVER AND OVER AGAIN...I'D STICK A F2 ON IT.... AND JUMP IN SOMETHING ELSE....I'VE GOT MORE THAN THAT INNMINE...AND NEVER HAD IT DOWN THE TRACK....4.28...IS SOMETHING ELSE

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,632 Posts
At 69k it will be "for sale" for awhile.
FOR LESS THAN A NEW CORVETTE....YOU CAN GO LOW 4'S.....SOUNDS EXTREMELY REASONABLE.....BUT NOT LIKE YOU'D KNOW...YOU LIVE IN YOUR PARENTS BASEMENT

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
its what ODR was originally meant to be. Lots of guys getting out of it because of the direction of the class but that is what everyone wants I guess. Great job Will on all that you accomplished with that car and GLWS...
I agree, He has worked very hard to get the car where it is now. No doubt it was a tough decision for him.

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts
Not to high jack the thread but....Chris what color is your car..I love it!!! Had to ask.:cool::D
It is a Mercedes benz color called electric lime green metallic , used to come on the little C230 coupes

1 - 20 of 102 Posts