·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
It's going in a Street Rod (holy huge pic Batman-sorry!)-

·
This amp goes to 11.
12,064 Posts
I got my Briggs & Stratton mountain motor ready to go. He ain't got nuthin but a Harbor Freight Honda knockoff. :supz:
Uno say when he was runnin Tonawanda, Briggs & Stratton was junk and no better than the 400 Chevy. He tuned the Cosworth Honda so he knows.

Of course, he also says stuff like "Mambo dogface in the banana patch" and "John Force is washed up," so take that into consideration.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Can anyone teach me about the differences in ram tube length? I currently have staggered tubes and am wondering about running longer tubes but staying staggered.
i was told the offset on the stacks was to get each trumpet into "cleaner air" but the runner length thing makes more sense

·
Registered
201 Posts
It is a stock Hillborn unit, which I converted to EFI by milling injector bosses in the valley between the stacks. I built the fuel rails, and re-designed the bellcrank linkage to reverse the direction of travel to prevent the throttle blades from hitting the injectors on one side. Also included an attachment for the throttle pressure cable for the 700r4 on the bellcrank. My vacuum system looks basically like the one shown above, mounted on the bottom of an intake manifold, but mine is in the lifter valley, and taps the bottom of the intake ports in the head, instead of the manifold.
Bought the MS1 v 2.2 fuel only kit. Assembled the board, built the wiring harness, and programmed it. It will start and run, but has stumbling issues which I am still working on. I am having real troubles getting the old laptop running Windows 98 that I use for tuning, to access the internet so I can post MSQ's and datalogs to the MSEFI forum for advice.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Megasquirt is a perfect fit. I'm actually doing a few EFI Conversions on some older Hilborn units now. I would get ahold of Scott Clark if you have questions regarding this, we did alot of work on our Engine Masters Early Hemi using this setup and its TONS better than what is out there. Feel free to PM me if you want some contact info.

What you building nowadays Bossman?

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
25,303 Posts
Modern technology

From what I understand, the injector is to be 1/2 way between the intake valve and trumpet as a rule of thumb in most applications.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Ok Mike that's no fair. There's more money in a set of those injectors than I have in the entire project. Lol

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
25,303 Posts
Ok Mike that's no fair. There's more money in a set of those injectors than I have in the entire project. Lol
Still, I have heard it from a lot of guys that it will make more, broader power if you move the injector up the runner. It will not cost any more.

IMO, The reason a lot of manifolds have the injector bung down on the port is because that's the way the factory does them and they already have a bunch of manifold patterns for them that way.

Most aftermarket EFI companies sell bungs separately and if you have a mill & welder, its not too hard to custom locate the injector where you want it. :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
If I wasn't sack deep into this setup I may make that change. However, I'm going to get the car together and see if I can learn to tune it the way it is now. It's tough enough trying to find solid general knowledge on the stack systems converted to efi. No sense in making things any more difficult.

·
Banned
26,908 Posts
If Big T's sack wasn't so deep into my ass, I may make that change. However, I'm going to get the POS together and see if I can learn to suck it the way it is now. It's tough enough trying to find solid cock from an Army general on my sack suckers converted to ssi. No sense in making things any more difficult.
Right

61 - 80 of 154 Posts