Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
43,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read it on another forum, and they are saying that Dart blocks are going to be an issue to get since Tesla wont allow the blocks to be cast now.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
10,659 Posts
There's nothing about Tesla buying any foundries but there's plenty of articles about them building their own. Not finding anything to back it up, I'm calling bs. They didn't buy Dart.

There's a single post from 1 person at PY Online making the claim because of a convo he had with 1 guy. Nothing but a rumor so far.

·
43,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's nothing about Tesla buying any foundries but there's plenty of articles about them building their own. Not finding anything to back it up, I'm calling bs. They didn't buy Dart.

There's a single post from 1 person at PY Online making the claim because of a convo he had with 1 guy. Nothing but a rumor so far.
He didnt say that they bought Dart...He said they bought the foundry that Dart uses...I havent found any other information on it either, which is why I asked here.

·
Registered
9,269 Posts
I thought Dart got bought out and changed foundry’s a year or more ago. Certain Dart blocks were hard to get. I know someone that waited 6 or 9 months for a certain BBC one.

·
T/S 368E
33,466 Posts

I was told yesterday that the new castings sucks balls and I should use a Merlin 4 instead???
The new design of Dart are much better, but their new foundry is horrific??

·
Trolling the Trolls
15,956 Posts
I was told on gay racers would use a DART block. It was on the internet it must be true.

Heck there are even Honda DART blocks.

Do your own research!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Tesla is buying up foundries in China? They must be getting some amazing stimilus cheques from China Joe...

·
I kill parts
10,501 Posts
Dart changed foundries a year or so ago out of necessity when their previous place went OEM only. Around the same time Maskin also sold the iron portion of the company, but remained on to manage it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts