Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a car that had what looked like a small alternator, after searching the interwebz I came across there site. Looks cool and seem like they have many nice parts that are made in the U.S.A. But I was curious how they perform. If any one has used there products before please share your experiences with them. I was thinking about using the LECTRI-CHARGE ALTERNATOR. But its a little pricey so before I shell out almost $400 on something I know nothing about I figured Id ask the Bullet for help, Thanks in advance. https://www.shogunindustries.com/cgi-bin/ws400CS.cgi?cart_id=1100417100625273&frontpage=y

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,399 Posts
As far as alternators go, there are much better choices. If you go over to dragraceresults and ask the same question you will get some stories, shoguns stuff is geared towards bracket racers for the most part.

I think most of his stuff is junk, and we had one of his flywheel fan things that broke apart after a short period of time and he did not stand behind his product. I ran his remote water pump setup on another car and that was also a headache.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I personally think the Shogun guy has a severely overinflated ego. Check with RRRAAAAYYYY in the electrical section here - he'll hook you up with something that really works.;)

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
I've got one on the car, not really worth a shit. It is to maintain not charge so I will be swapping it for a powermaster.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Most of there products are junk....The biggest piece of $hit is there Alt and that box they want you to put on your TB wir

·
Registered
94 Posts
Been there done that. I fell for the hype and the sales pitches back years ago. Both their waterpumps and alternators are junk. Stay away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts