Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ever had EFI system like a BS3 or XFI on a blower combo and switched to a blow-thru carb set-up?

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Has anyone here ever had EFI system like a BS3 or XFI on a blower combo and switched to a blow-thru carb set-up?
Why would you do that??
Blowthru carbs take considerably MORE time to work out, than EFI..
Not to mention, at a certain point in boost, they're are restrictions..
Been There, done That..

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why would you do that??
Blowthru carbs take considerably MORE time to work out, than EFI..
Not to mention, at a certain point in boost, they're are restrictions..
Been There, done That..
LOL, I'm trying to prove a point to a buddy fed up with his BS3 and he wants to make the switch.

Will's car, Bill Lutz, Jason from VP,etc. are all examples I use when trying to get through to him.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have heard a few do it...I have did blow thru a few times..

Make 1201 h.p. to back tires in 2008 i think with no tuning with C&S...Its a matter of preferance IMO..

Tim hudspens been 7.40 with F3 and Lutz a low 7 or high 6 in his camaro years back so Restriction? Dont know bout that..

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Why is he fed up the the bs3? Clearly hes doing something wrong and blaming the hardware. Carb or efi, either are only as good as the guy behind the keyboard/screwdriver

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
LOL, I'm trying to prove a point to a buddy fed up with his BS3 and he wants to make the switch.

Will's car, Bill Lutz, Jason from VP,etc. are all examples I use when trying to get through to him.
If your buddy's fed up with his BS3.... Wait'll he gets started with a BlowThru Carb...;)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know how the blow-thru is, I had one myself for a couple of years. I didn't really have any issues but I also now have a XFI sitting here, lol.

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts

·
Blothru Bullsh!t
992 Posts
For a streetcar looking to go 5.30s I don't see an issue with a blothru carb....that is all the guy wants. I don't have any issues with mine, but I am far from setting records. My chassis has all the issues, lol.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
False......Tim Just went a 7.86 with a Turbo(Dont exactly know what size? 98mm-SSO deal) a few weeks ago, but he still has Blow-thru
7.58 with a 106 turbo on 325 Radials, with a C&S Carb.

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts
7.58 with a 106 turbo on 325 Radials, with a C&S Carb.

Oh....see I was wrong also! LOL.....congrats Tim, I thought I read you had just went an .86??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts