Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing some research in how to convert my JD squared bender to hydraulic ac power cheaply. And I'm at a point I need advice.I have found some units with no valving for around 450.I have also found motors for under 100 and not shure what punk I would need.and I can make my own tank and brackets for motor.just curious as to what you guys have done .I don't want to do air hydr.and I'd prefer to stay away from the 12v deals.if possible.looking for a simple 120volt deal to power a 3inch bore 24inch stroke ram for.this bender.thanks

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Google SurplusCenter, they use to send me catalogs and there was always tons of hydraulic stuff in them for cheap, I remember seeing whole units in AC or DC like for a lift or dump bed.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.what's you thoughts on bore size.I want to do 24inch stroke since I can bend around 100 degrees on one bend.also I've been looking at used ac motors on eBay and trying to price something together.I'm atrwmotinh to stay under 600 but looks like I can go slightly over and have nice stuff.what's your thoughts in a ac motor and adapter to pump and a seperate resivor tank .I can make myself

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The power team one is the one I want to stay away with you can only go around 60* before repinninh and its a internal spring return was hoping for longer stroke and dual action so I can power toward and back if that helps.plus that ram is stupid expensive

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I agree, I was bringing that up to reference Cylinder Piston size-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts