Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
ComSyncEFI has had Bluetooth for over 3 years, it shouldn't be that hard.

The new Gen 6 ComSyncEFI box will be available in June for $2499, it smokes the Holley Dominator.
Blake

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
I wouldn't mind hearing about the MS3 bluetooth.

I have thought about ditching my Racepac dash and trying a notepad for a dash. But I don't know how well it would hold up in a dragster. Nor how one would securely hold it. A notepad could be pretty handy at times. It could really open up some possibilities for doing more things in my setup.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I can't find the bluetooth adapter I was using with my MS, but I recall it being a pretty cheap one from Ebay. serial to usb, it plugged into the serial port on the MS and I might have had to bring 5V and ground to the connector as well to power the adapter. It worked pretty well and then I used a usb to bluetooth adapter on my laptop and my phone, whichever I happened to be using.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
I don't think I have a serial port on the ms3 pro ultimate. Will look again.
Any issue with security? What if someone wanted to hack walking the pits? I guess as long as it was off you would be good. But if it were running?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have bluetooth on a mega squirt MS3X setup. I haven't had the bluetooth added for very long but so far I like it. It takes a few more seconds to connect and it takes a little bit longer to download a log but nothing that is a big deal. There is probably cheaper ways to do bluetooth on an MS3 but for like $60 or so from EFI Analytics you can get one ready to go. No bullshit it took me less than 2 minutes to hook up my new laptop via bluetooth.

Megasquirt has had this available for years so Holley should have it soon. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts