Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i need some clear answers....

Installing wrap around belts on the car.....have rollbar......

i know how to wrap the belt around the bar.....what i need to know is do i need to locate them somehow, do i need to cross them or just run them straight over....

Are you still able to use ybelts in NHRA?? (that question is for another friend)

Frank

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
The Y belts haven't been manufactured in a few years now and therefore any left out there would be out of date. So the answer there would be NO, the Y belts are no longer legal.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
frank as far as the V for chris's ride

http://www.jegs.com/i/G-FORCE/471/6020BK/10002/-1?parentProductId=

its what im using right now. still good to use but i wouldnt recommend it. i sit far back in my ride now and the v was actually on the inside of the seat so i had to mount them and wrap them. i find that if you make the belts super tight and the v style dig into you neck a bit. i will be changing when they are out of date

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
to limit the side movement of a wrap around belt ...all that you have to do is to make a large C shaped piece that will guide and contain the belt....on each side....

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
When I designed the 6 point for my car, I placed the cross bar so it is within the 4" down that NHRA allows, keeps the seat back from collapsing, and ran the vertical tubes for the head rest 6" apart so the shoulder belts are retained between them. thus, I didn't have to add weight with a lot of other stuff to serve purposes the main structure could do.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Simple fix, buy two aluminum shaft collars, that will sto the movement.

NHRA rule book states Y harness is no longer legal.
os, so the seat brace im making has two mounting points to the crossbar...just keep the belts in there....that works for me two
birds one stone!

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
NHRA rule book states Y harness is no longer legal.
That's what I thought too but I was just going from memory and didn't look it up to be sure. I didn't think the Y type harness had been legal for a couple years now???

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping to put the new harness in my brothers Malibu this week and do some T&T. I don't think I will make it, but he wants to T&T his S-10 before he puts the blower back on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts