Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up guys/gals,

No V twin expert by any means but I am fairly well versed in mechanics/electronics.

To that end my friend bought a Night Train with VH (I think) 2 into 2 pipes and a Performance Machine billet air cleaner. Other than this the bike was stock. He was less that thrilled with the way it rode, particularly idle and during light acceleration (my understanding is this is where the EPA tests so this is where they really have to lean on the fuel maps for emissions compliance vs performance), and of course deceleration where it would pop its ass off. In addition the thing was a pain to ride since it ran so hot the rear jug would bake you leg.

Anyhow I looked at all the different tuners and settled on a TTS Mastertune. This tuner allows you full control over every parameter the stock ECU controls which is skairee for many but they also have a bunch of available maps you can load for most common setups like my buddies where it just had a pipe and cleaner.

Anyway I am more than thrilled with the prepackaged tune but when spring rolls around would love to add some small tweaks to the fuel tables and timing maps, my question is has anyone here worked with the TTS and did you see any worthwhile changes on a mildly modded bike by tweaking any of the tuning parameters?

Thanks in advance.

Richard

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
we tune at least 5 a week with TTS..it is the real deal...

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
He's looking for Harley tuners, George. Not some Pro Stock look-alikes. :smt098 :razz:

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
LOL..if you need any help with it call Star Racing and ask for Derrell...He is our Bad Ass EFI engineer :)

·
Registered
14,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
George,

Thanks for the reply, you are exactly who I was hoping would give them (TTS) the nod. I am just getting my hands wet with this bike as it is now, but hope to find someone who wants to make some major changes so that I can really delve into the deep features. Thanks for the info on Darrell, hopefully when spring rolls round I can talk my friend into doing cams/headwork/etc then maybe I can screw things up enough to justify the call..LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts