Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the Advantages/Disadvantage to using the Harland Sharp heavy duty series over the Original series? I know they should be stronger but they say the original series is good for up to 900lb spring pressure. Is it just a waste of money to go with the heavy duty's?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
If you haven't bought them yet, go with the heavy duty version. Less deflection of the rocker at higher spring pressures. Not really much difference in cost. They are also just a bit wider than the regular ones. They make a great rocker, and stand behind it. I have them on my build.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Use the heavy duty. Harland Sharp makes a good rocker. Used them for years on 555 with no issues. Great people to work with.

·
TD 3550
3,012 Posts
They will work with a 1.640 spring. Large roller on the tip.I installed the HD's on Sat.I took off the Comp Cam guide plates and put on a stock OEM set of plates. Now with checking the geometry they are right on the money. The other Comp plates were letting the rocker move too far to the side of the side of the tip. I'm really impressed with these on the construction. no need for the Dart adjustable's now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts