Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I will cut it short... I used to drive a hardtail draftees with BBC 598' ET 7.6s 1/4 mile. Had an accident lately and had to sell the whole thingy left !!

Few days back I bought a 2008 mullis swing arm dragster with reher Morison 565ci, car is deadly constant on low 7.5s

What I need to know is swing arm safer then hard tail' I'm a bit scared as my accident was really weird. After the 330 the car with no reason went to the left and hit the wall. No oil or water leak !!

I heard swing arm is more comfortable and safer in terms of driving..:confused:

Please share with me all the info you got guys :drinkers:

·
TD 3550
3,044 Posts
I run a 235 Hard Tail. The swing arm is softer all the way around. In terms of it coming around on you, it can happen with both chassis as you well know, once your out of the groove any thing can happen with these pipe racks. Mine wanted to jump the center line twice this year due to the right lane was terrible at RT66. What tires were on the car
that you crashed. I run nothing but Goodyear 16-33-15 (D2A). I was running (D1) and had some issues on the hit and at the 330 like could not keep them planted no matter what pressure. Now the D2A's "NO " problems with the 598 BBC. @ 6.0 Lbs.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I've had bot types. If the track is smooth nothing wrong with a hard tail or a slip joint. Suspended cars are smother and offer the the ability to tune with the shocks. Resale is much better for a sus. car. As far as safety goes I think the sus. car offers a little more safer car by means of the suspension working with the track. Mullis is a real nice car. Take it easy first pass or two them let it eat. You should be fine.

·
Registered
445 Posts
It's been said that a suspended car is more forgiving during agressive braking(driving the stripe)

I've seen 4 dragsters in the last 3 seasons get wadded up at the stripe, guess what, they were all suspended...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I think they are smoother to drive, a hardtail can bounce if you arent careful or race on bad tracks.

To add to the post above, IMO guys think they have a shock or 2 and can just drop anchor and slam the brakes, you still need to be careful not to over brake and lock them up in anything you drive.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
You can be rest assured a 4link or swingarm is safer. I have done some real stupid things over the years in my Race Tech 4 link car and it always pulls out of it. I've went thru the lights real sideways at over 185 because of dew on the track, also it has slid thru the lights a few times while sending somebody and it will drive out of it. I always get kick out of the hardtails bouncing off the ground while trying to stop and mine stops without the chutes smooth as can be.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
NOBODY around here runs a hardtail, for a REASON(they don't have a death wish)!!!! I have 2 swingarm dragsters and love them both.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I run a 235 Hard Tail. The swing arm is softer all the way around. In terms of it coming around on you, it can happen with both chassis as you well know, once your out of the groove any thing can happen with these pipe racks. Mine wanted to jump the center line twice this year due to the right lane was terrible at RT66. What tires were on the car
that you crashed. I run nothing but Goodyear 16-33-15 (D2A). I was running (D1) and had some issues on the hit and at the 330 like could not keep them planted no matter what pressure. Now the D2A's "NO " problems with the 598 BBC. @ 6.0 Lbs.
I used Goodyear D2A, with the swing arm I will be using Hoosier 33.5*17*16 CO6

They say it's the best so far

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for your post and replies, indeed I feel safer and Wanamaker hit the track again. on Wednesday I will be testing the car and Thursday qualifying and Friday is my first race with the mullis swing arm.

I race 1/4 mile 7.5sec index, it's a pretty tough and fast class...BTW, I am from over seas in Bahrain somewhere near Qatar and Saudia Arabia :)

Anyone coming to qatar in December for the ADRL in qatar this year ? It's awesome and fun big time with the competition down there...

·
Registered
724 Posts
i started out with hardtails, but after my first ride in a 4 link i was hooked. nothing like a soft comfy ride and adjustability to boot. i run the 33.5x17x16 goodyears

·
Registered
403 Posts
I will say one thing about swingarm cars. If it's a monoshock car always keep an eye on the swingarm breaking. My car has broke two. And i've also heard it's not that uncommon. Hardtail cars aren't bad but swingarm cars are alot better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts