Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 87mustang, 306, afr 185, systemax, afm b41, holley hp efi and s475 turbo. im using the 306 turbo file from holley as a starting point. it is real hard to start, might take 3 or 4 times to start. what are some of the parameter i can change that affect starting. i put the starting timing at 10deg and i took some of the starting fuel out but neither seemed to help

·
Registered
885 Posts
prob needs a bit more fuel then that table ours did on the car im tunning for a friend very close combo to yours starts without touching the gas also are you running the iac? we put the ls iac on it.

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
We're running the LS IAC on ours and it now cranks without touching the pedal and settles into a perfect idle even with very low idle vacumn.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
"Get ECU Info" under the small down arrow next to the sync arrow. Made some improvements to the TFI code a while back that may or may not do something depending on what the real reason is it won't fire fast.

If it is "tuning", then it would be the parked IAC position and/or cranking fuel.

Or just go to Holley.com and download the latest firmware. http://www.holley.com/TechService/Library.asp Firmware down towards the middle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok ill try updating the firmware. so parked iac and cranking fuel are the only real factors i should worry with? thanks for ur help

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
That and timing. Timing of 10-15 degrees is usually fine. The IAC and Cranking fuel create the "Cranking A/F ratio" if you will when you crank. If you add more fuel, you make it richer. If you add more air, you make it leaner. It usually isn't too finicky, but they balance each other.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts