1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Master Fabricator
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have one and its just fine fore jacking a car up and using it for changing tires. I have kept it under the seat in the truck for a month and I have used it on changing tires for people at as stations and making a few free tanks of gas from people I have helped out. I had a coupon from a playboy and got another 20% off. Its a good deal IMO. I would trust laying under a car, but def worth having instead of a stock jack in a suv or truck

·
photobomber
2,512 Posts
Mine works fine. I occasionally (like once a year) have to bleed air out of it, but that's because it rides around in my little trailer (also from Harbor Freight) that shakes it like a paint mixer. It happily lifts the back end of my 3600 pound Mustang by the diff, so it will work just fine for anything lighter, I am sure.

Of course, you never want to get under a car that's supported only by a jack, no matter where it was made or how much you paid for it. Jackstands are cheap to buy, and priceless to use...

·
Get you some
3,419 Posts
DO NOT !!!!! Get the one with the lights in it. Had it fail on me first use...And also the bigger on is ok but We had 2 and we used it to move a car and the rear wheels fell off and the frame bent.

·
Former RJ instigator
41,192 Posts
I've had 2, no more for me thank you.

1st one I got didnt last a week, cylinder wouldnt hold, I took it back and they didnt wanna replace it but they did, after some arguing....

2nd one worked fine for awhile.
I swear I had to tighten up every fastner up on it weekly, finally ended up using red loctite on everything and that was the end of that.
Then one of the small casters fell apart, try using a jack with one missing caster, dont work too good, ended up using a replacement steel caster I re-tro fitted.
Then the snap ring that holds the return spring on the pump popped off into never never land!!!
I ended up giving the POS away and buying a steel 3 ton craftsman.
Now, with that being said I do not reccomend one and I know they are afforable & it's a tempting purchase no doubt, BUT - IMO you get what you pay for, cheap chinese junk....

While you there, buy a couple sets of jackstands.

Chow, Cp

·
Registered
31,682 Posts
Seen the side frames break on two of them. It looked like they were cast. Snapped like they were brittle like cast. Junk. Dangerous unless they changed something, it was a few years ago.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the twin piston 4000 lb Aluminum race jack from Harbor frieght. It was a super sale 189.00 down to 149.00 then I had a 20% off coupon. Isnt very heavy, and works good so far. jmo. The 99.00 version is single piston and nowhere near the jack of the other.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
i have one the rear wheel locks come off all the time
Man hit the Newbie thread in the Trash section before the guys on here eat you alive

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I ended up giving the POS away and buying a steel 3 ton craftsman.
Now, with that being said I do not reccomend one and I know they are afforable & it's a tempting purchase no doubt, BUT - IMO you get what you pay for, cheap chinese junk....

While you there, buy a couple sets of jackstands.
so cheap chinese jack stands are ok, but the jack isnt?

also i hate to break your bubble, but that craftsman jack............made in china.

·
Registered
693 Posts
The 1st. one I had was junk.The 2nd. (they exchanged it),has been good for 2 years.Chinese stuff is very unpredictable.ALWAYS use floor jacks!!

·
Vendor
6,455 Posts
I went to the local store a few weeks back to get one of those and left without it. I guess I expected it to be a bigger jack than it really was. The thing was too small for what I needed. I just assumed it was the same size as the jacks I already have but not. Like the guys said if you want someting to keep under the backseat of your truck, maybe, but for working on the car at the track it wasn't for me.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts