Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
120 seconds of glory
4,116 Posts
I use HF stands, but still get nervous when under the car after reading about stands collapsing.
I now slide in a 2nd one near me while under the car.

·
Ice Cream Wolfpack
18,500 Posts
I use HF stands, but still get nervous when under the car after reading about stands collapsing.
I now slide in a 2nd one near me while under the car.
They collapse? :eek:

·
120 seconds of glory
4,116 Posts
They collapse? :eek:
I was reading a thread on another site about the subject. Don't know what brand it was.
I will have to look up that thread again.
I remember thinking at the time that maybe the "victim" overloaded the stands or that they were super cheap models.
I do remember reading they has cast iron uppers.

·
Registered
646 Posts
i dont trust them. i had 1 collapse on me! i have a volvo up on em undoing bell housing bolts and bumped it and it dropped! i had a volvo sitting on my chest with both hands over my head praying the other one wouldnt ! lucky for me a coworker was close and got the car jacked back up.

if im trusting my life , i want a pin in it. but they dont make many like that anymore.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts

·
color me gone
1,418 Posts
the 6 ton and 12 ton one are all we have in the shop for many many years with noproblems and the guys beat them to death because they don't pay for them so i give them A ++++

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I have four of them and looked them over REAL good before I used them... mine are fine.

but to be honest thats something I should of bought the REALLY good shit... 7 ton versions

300 a pair

150 a pair

1 - 13 of 13 Posts