Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Void
77,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“I was raised by one of the greatest men in the world. There was never one born of a woman greater than Gen. Robert E. Lee, according to my judgment. All of his servants were set free ten years before the war, but all remained on the plantation until after the surrender.”
William Mack Lee (Robert E. Lee’s black servant)

·
Void
77,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”
Robert E. Lee

·
Void
77,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
“Everyone should do all in his power to collect and disseminate the truth, in the hope that it may find a place in history and descend to posterity. History is not the relation of campaigns and battles and generals or other individuals, but that which shows the principles for which the South contended and which justified her struggle for those principles. ”
Robert E. Lee

·
Void
77,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
“All that the South has ever desired was that the Union as established by our forefathers should be preserved and that the government as originally organized should be administered in purity and truth.”
Robert E. Lee

·
Void
77,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
“Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people designed to make of their victory, there would have been no surrender at Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me. Had I foreseen these results of subjugation, I would have preferred to die at Appomattox with my brave men, my sword in this right hand.”
General Robert E. Lee, August 1870 to Governor Stockdale of Texas

·
Void
77,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
“Why doesn’t the Confederacy just fade away? Is it because we are irresistibly fascinated by catastrophic loss? Or is it something else? Is it because the Confederacy is to this day the greatest conservative resistance to federal authority in American history?”
Professor David Blight

·
Registered
16,505 Posts
  • In this enlightened age, there are few I believe, but what will acknowledge, that slavery as an institution, is a moral and political evil in any country.
  • Whiskey — I like it, I always did, and that is the reason I never use it.
  • It is well that war is so terrible — lest we should grow too fond of it.
  • So far from engaging in a war to perpetuate slavery, I am rejoiced that slavery is abolished. I believe it will be greatly for the interest of the South.
  • I cannot trust a man to control others who cannot control himself.
  • The education of a man is never completed until he dies.
  • Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less.
  • Robert E. Lee

·
Registered
10,638 Posts
^awwww someone caught the feels.....

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
77,147 Posts
LOL...BREAD...WAS THAT THE MOST INTELLECTUAL RESPONSE YOU COULD MUSTER UP?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts