Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a Hans 20l sport..when i put it on i can push my head completely forward and not feel the tethers ..I dont think this is right ...should it be tight so head cant not move forward at all or just where it is comfortable to release the neck a little bit.. just trying to find proper adjustment....

·
Embalmer
1,335 Posts
I set mine up exactly how they told me too and I can move my head forward but it limits how far. It's reasonable to be able to go forward for comfort and driveability but not far enough that you would cause neck damage in an accident.

Dan Smith

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i kind of thought so but wanted some outside info i can tighten it so i cant move at all but i didn't think it is right but too loose is no good either i will tighten so i can move an inch forward...???? no set adjustment forward????

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I have sliding tethers on mine. I can look side to side great. When I tilt my head forward the tethers stop my head just before it would become uncomfortable. Id say my chin is an inch or two from my chest.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks just want to be safe with neck

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i new it wasn't going to be easy the tether with the kit is to long and to try to put that end thru those little slots is ridiculous there has to be a shorter thether i don't think u can cut and re sew it????? is there another thether that is shorter ..different size...????

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
i new it wasn't going to be easy the tether with the kit is to long and to try to put that end thru those little slots is ridiculous there has to be a shorter thether i don't think u can cut and re sew it????? is there another thether that is shorter ..different size...????
When I first got ours I also thought the tethers were too long, so I called Simpson and discussed it. If the hooks on the helmet are mounted where they are supposed to be, there is NO need for adjustment, no matter what head or person size. The tethers have slack, significant slack, on purpose, so you can look around. Not to worry, they will prevent your head from snapping off when necessary... :p

Once we got used to them, it's just fine. As for getting the end through the hooks, all it takes is a little practice, and it gets automatic.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have the impact helmet with the provisions for the hooks so the adjustment is already pre set at the helmet indents for the hooks...i still think the tether is too long but they do grab when i push head completely forward i do agree head will stay attached, but boy oh boy is the neck going to hurt....just checking we have had a few wrecks here lately...the pro series has two tethers instead of one and can adjust by sliding and reattaching clamp this is one tether....do they want u to place the tether thru slots in hans to adjust????they will never fit...

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
the pro series has two tethers instead of one and can adjust by sliding and reattaching clamp this is one tether....do they want u to place the tether thru slots in hans to adjust????they will never fit...
Again, you don't "adjust". These people have years of experience, they know what's tight enough...

If it's the sportsman one (with the sliding tethers) the tether should already be through the sliders. If not, unscrew the sliders and put the tether behind them. The point of the sliding tethers is to be able to turn your head so you can play the finish line. Again, at least according to Simpson, there's no adjustment, and no need for any.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
ok from the helmet anchor to the HANs devise, the tether length needs to be 6 inches when your head is fully forward.Anymore or less you could risk injury. If anybody would like, you can call me and I will gladly talk you through how the HANS should be set up,or pm me your number and I will gladly call you :).

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got it ..it just feels to loose but i will leave it alone thx u

1 - 17 of 17 Posts