Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave really does have more talent in his little finger than I have in my entire body. Spent the afternoon with Dave while he was doing some ice carvings for an upcoming event for 400 people. Golf is the theme as it is for a former pro golfer.

What the ice carving will look like.

Dave turning an image into reality.

Taken to a refrigerated trailer to be later assembled for the Thursday event

Some of the things being stored that will be assembled including an entire bar made of ice.

Denny

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A little more of his restaurant. His menu. (some of that sounds good enough to eat)

Where the food is made.

Where you eat it at. ( just one room of 5)

His bar

Lounge to meet and have a drink before dinner.

Not bad.

Denny

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Cool. Nice place..

I didn't think there were any eating establishments left in the world that didn't have black painted ceilings... ;)

Seriously though.. When I look at that , it makes me NEVER want to get into any level of food service.. My business history kicks in - and I see a HUGE amount of capital outlay / risk / ongoing maintenance / management / etc.

All based on a product that is relatively non-tangible , delicate , short -lived, and totally subjective ...

That's a lot of $ 42 primes to keep everything rolling, and keep the balance sheet , unbalanced in the right direction... pheeeww ..no thanks...

Good for him though..

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, nice place, prices seem very reasonable, I'm also quite surprised the entrees are not ala cart, I'd go there.

Keep in mind he is the executive chef at a very high end country club. The initiation fee is $300k. His prices have to be better. Also has another kitchen with complete crew.

Denny

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Keep in mind he is the executive chef at a very high end country club. The initiation fee is $300k. His prices have to be better. Also has another kitchen with complete crew.

Denny

Aaaahhh.. Guess it's prolly easier keeping the doors open 300k at a time, than 42.00...

Much better business model..

Good move.. ;)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I guess I WON'T be going...lol

The place is like trying to get into Fort Knox. They have their own police force. George Bush Jr. and Ross Perot are members if that gives ya a clue. Pretty damn high profile clientele with the security to match. The last time I went there Dave introduced me to the Mayor of Dallas.

If it makes ya feel better, I've only eaten in the kitchen.

Denny

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice Sysco/Sygma (same company) trailer he's using there for ice storage.

When I drove up parked near the trailer thinking it was a food delivery. Struck me as odd no tractor was hooked up. Guess they just let Dave use it to store the ice.

Denny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts