Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Holley Black pump ?
72 secondary jets with no PV ?
7.5 is 0 on the MAP ? Check your MAP setting in the 6530

I'm questioning the 72 secondary jet with no PV as well. Seems awfully small with no chance of enriching.

Remind me again how the Hangar 18 mod allows the PV to actuate without doing a BRPV mod? Its been a long time since ive read that. Bowl vent extensions, and hat pressure?

·
Registered
980 Posts
I’ve gotten a lot of help through the years on yb. But it sure seams lately that you run into these guys more often. Ask for help, you give them your opinion, it’s not what they want to here and it’s on. It used to be, you'd be sent straight to the newby thread you phuckstick! lol

Word to the wise BOOSTEDmalibu, be humble. You obviously need help. Learn from what others have to say. Turbo II has helped more help on here than you know.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Bump the rear jets first off to cover yourself if it boosts hard on accident. Take them to like 84's in the rear for now while getting a base line established. There are a few systems that will effect idle and cruise rpm. You need to baby step it first and do one thing at a time. First pull the carb off and verify the transition slot is around .020-.040 opening on the primaries. If you need to make idle speed adjustments do it with the secondaries and idle mixture screws. Leave the primaries alone once it's set. I will look like a square if it's in spec if you can only eye ball it. What size are the low speed air bleeds, idle feed restrictors, and where are your idle mixture screws set at? Going lean going wide open throttle is going to be related to the accelerator pump circuit.

Tune it like a N/A setup for 5 psi and lower.

What fuel are you using?

What is your base fuel pressure at idle with the boost reference unhooked?

Where are your float bowls set at?

Also the reason everyone is saying step up the pump if because of the fuel demand. It may be able to reach the pressure point of what you're trying to do but, that doesn't mean it will support the volume required. You will also need to re tune when you step up into a good pump. But for now I would pull the carb hat off and get a solid N/A base line dialed in the put it back on and its minor changes needed. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Looking for some help on finding a direction to go with my set up.
81 Malibu , s480 turbo, BBC 402 w/2 speed glide.
Running a msd 6al programmable, looking for guidance on the boost map, right now atmospheric pressure is 7.5 so pulling 1° per 1lb after 2lbs is made and also guidance on jetting and power valve sizing.
Right now Primary has 72 jets. 6.5 pv
Secondary has 72 jets and pv eliminator. (Was n/a on something else when I got the carb)
Right now at idle fully warmed up 185/190 degrees afr is at 11.5 when in gear and slowly accelerating up to the converter at 2300rpm AFR is at 10.0 once on converter I floor it and it makes 1 or 2 lbs of boost , AFR gauge goes to 14.5 for a split second and then 16.8/17 for another split second and then doesn't read from being maxed out and Also spits back through the intake. All within seconds. id like to stay low 14's at idle and mid 11's at wot.
Your MAP setup is way wrong to start with. Atmospheric pressure is around 14.7 depending on elevation. If you start pulling timing before your ever truly in boost, your going to have problems. Honestly I wouldn't pull any timing until 5 or so lbs of boost. 14.7+5, start to pull timing. I'd start there before worrying about the carb.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Been a while.

BOOSTEDmalibu, I suggest you start listening to some suggestion here. Blow through carbs are great except you need to follow the formula. Start reading, start searching, start following suggestions and only then you will be pleasantly surprised.

-Carm

21 - 25 of 25 Posts