Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
A bad example for others
35,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not affiliated in any way but we always race this event. There is an amazing swap meet in Springfield, MO. at the Ozark Empire Fairgorunds the Friday that coincides with this.

If you are into period correct cars that look and feel the way they did in '65 with a track that is from that era as well, this is the event for you.

You do have to be pre-approved to race. Details here: http://hambdrags.com/index.php/schedule/

·
Registered
27,889 Posts
Always wanted to go to the hamb drags. But it sounds like a bunch of snowflake mthr fkrs run the event so I'll have to pass.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Hey 330, how do they treat electronic ignition and a later model tach?
Sounds like a fun event.
Not much written in the rules.

·
A bad example for others
35,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Always wanted to go to the hamb drags. But it sounds like a bunch of snowflake mthr fkrs run the event so I'll have to pass.
I'm not a member of the HAMB website and I know of lots of guys that don't care for Ryan.

I go there with friends to hang out, race, see amazing period correct cars and have a good time and don't let what others do get in my head. :cool:

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
If you hate fun and cold beer, don't go.

I am taking the beater '34 this year, the Model A is semi-retired.

If you see me, say hey.

-Abone.

·
Registered
27,889 Posts
If you hate fun and cold beer, don't go.

I am taking the beater '34 this year, the Model A is semi-retired.

If you see me, say hey.

-Abone.

Nothing wrong with that beater.

·
A bad example for others
35,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My car had some issues, so I will be there spectating only this year. It is 90% back together but wanted to shake it down a little before racing it. Looking forward to the HAMB Drags and the Springfield swap meet!

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
It really is a fun event to go to. It will take you back in time watching flathead or 4cyl front engine dragsters lining up. There is a 37 Chevy i believe that as the guy was sanding it to repaint it he found the old paint from when it was a gasser and it has an american flag theme and its still a gasser. It runs hard too. He just carefully sanded it down to that paint and decided to keep it that flag theme so the paint is from the 50s or 60s original

·
Super Moderator
49,521 Posts
I'm not a member of the HAMB website and I know of lots of guys that don't care for Ryan.

I go there with friends to hang out, race, see amazing period correct cars and have a good time and don't let what others do get in my head. :cool:
And that's how you do it.

Some of those "period correct everything" people are real nutjobs.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
You guys are lucky to be close enough to go. I am a member at the HAMB, but I don't spend much time there since I finished my pseudo traditional gasser. There was a Brit there name Langley who was a big help. He passed away from cancer recently. RIP Steve.

·
A bad example for others
35,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got back from the HUGE swap meet in Springfield and stopped by the Host hotels in Joplin. Crazy scene with the parking lots full of cool, old iron!

·
Super Moderator
49,521 Posts
Just got back from the HUGE swap meet in Springfield and stopped by the Host hotels in Joplin. Crazy scene with the parking lots full of cool, old iron!
Whajabuy?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts