Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
i wouldn't bother with the NTK sensors, we have been using the 4.9's and they have been rock solid down to 2.8:1 afr... we ran the SBF at 3.5 and o2 readings were perfect and plugs were rich. I have aussie doller pricing for the flying looms but im not sure how that's going to convert to USD. you do not need a plug and pin kit with the harness options, that's only if you want to make your own harness, I would assume the terminated harness will be close to the 2500/rem harness price as its the same amount of stuff..

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Will all of the current Haltech preterminated harnesses work with this as well? Like for Coyote, LS, etc?

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
The existing Elite 2500/2500T has more to offer than the Dominator system IMHO. I don't think there is another single box system in the world as capable as the Nexus.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Is the 25 amp output enough to run a big fuel pump (like an Aeromotive brushless) or would a relay still be needed?

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Brushless pumps are supposed to use less current than normal pumps...that said, current is directly related to the pressure you're trying to achieve with the pump.

Of course, the next question is does the ecu have a configurable 0-5v output to allow easy control of the speed of the likes of the Aeromotive brushless pump. ( although it can be achieved other ways with a regular PWM output )

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Thanks. I was thinking more like the bigger pumps, 5.0, 7.0, etc. they do have the voltage output control.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
79,542 Posts
Even at a $1k system ( which you know it wont be )....there really is no need for that antenna if a £15 router works perfectly without one.

People seemed to manage to wreck their Holley's with a simple USB lead plugged in, another external fragile item like the antenna, is asking for people to damage it. ( through their negligence of course, but it does happen )

It does spoil the look of an otherwise good looking box.
DUDE...YOU NEED TO GET LAID

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
79,542 Posts
MY MOM JUST PASSED AWAY A FEW MONTHS BACK....THAT'S REAL CLASSY OF YOU

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Yeah they recommend at least a 60 amp relay for the bigger pumps. I guess that answers the question.
Not really.

If they only pulled say 30A....I would never recommend a 30A relay simply because of the continuous duty. I'd always recommend a good safety margin and presumably they are doing the same.
But in earlier videos about the Nexus, Andy did seem to claim the outputs could handle a lot more current than they are officially rated for.
But as the most recent video states the main limitation is really the pins used on the ecu. Which seems to be a contentious issue on almost all PDM's as they all seem to use little tiny pins, often having to share multiple pins in order to handle the current needed.

Perhaps if needed you could share two of the 25A outputs if a single pump may require more. But also factor in that even a big pump at low outputs is probably drawing low current. It would only be at higher loads it will pull more...so how long might you spend at higher loads ?

A drag car....minimal time. Say a power boat or long course road racer ? much much longer.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts