Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the update and info. I must say I was pretty pleased with a majority of the changes that were layed out untill the end where they will only accecpt 1000 cars by lottery only. This will undoubtedly leave many would be racers at home. I know that if I can't race chances are I wouldn't make the 2 hour trip. And neither would all the family and friends that would attend because we were there!

·
Registered
981 Posts
what the fuck!

this is total fucking bullshit! limiting entries to 1000?? wow...i can't believe this shit

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
It reads that the lotto drawing is Sept 27th for the mid Oct race. You enter and see if you get pulled. If not full refund. Seems OK to me.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Well, I was wondering when the NHRA would take affect on the classic....
Every sense the change I have been at norwalk twice, compared to 6 times a year and would spend 9 days for the classic. Been going sense 1990, shame it had to end this way, but knew it was coming. The classic is a memory now, and boy was it fun!!!
Me, myself, don't think they will get 775 cars to race 1/8 (the rest is bikes and open body). Maybe 500, but thats my opinion.... They should have run it to the 1000ft atleast!!!!!

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
this sucks........

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
yeah that 1000 entry thing and lottery kinda suprised me, i havent missed a classic in 14 yrs or so. maybe with the changes it wont be hard to get in. we dont go for the racing as much as the fun so hopefully that wont change much.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
basically anyone with a fast car got phucked....:smt068:smt068

·
Diamond Pistons Rep
4,400 Posts
Wow we have not missed a classic in like 14 years. I am shocked at what they have come up with. This was one of the races that you can truely enjoy, no matter the weather or event. I am gonna have to say that last year might of been my last classic. This is truely sad . . . . . .

Norwalk I hope you re-think this, your gonna lose a lot of support from the racers that have been a true supporter of the classics and the track itself.

Bummer :(

·
Diamond Pistons Rep
4,400 Posts
ONLINE REGISTRATION:

Anyone wishing to enter Halloween Classic XXXV must do so online at www.SummitMotorsportsPark.com. (No faxes, no hand deliveries, no phone orders, no next day mail nor carrier pigeon sign ups will be accepted!)
There will be a limited online enrollment period, which will last for 12 hours from 12:00 Noon to 12:00 Midnight on September 22. At 12:01 am Sept 23rd, enrollment will END and no more entries will be accepted.

·
"Made" Member
2,860 Posts
Remember its not 1000 cars!!! its 400 for S/P and 375 for pro. The lottery thing just remove friends that you race with, theres no way to make plans because you just don't know..... I'm not wasting my time.

good luck

pretty piss off!!!!:smt070

whats the difference between pro and super pro?

·
Diamond Pistons Rep
4,400 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Going to 1/8th mile is nice, but the elimination of Comp? That's stupid. Only reason to get rid of Comp is to prevent buying into Super Pro if we lose rd1 of Comp so don't allow it at this race. Get rid of Street at this race, they get more cars for that than Comp does cause everyone unhooks and runs the rig.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Bill sr knew who made the track what it is today THE RACERS.Bill jr in my opion could give a shit about the sat bracket programand if he could rent the track every week for special events he would.Americas race track thats funny.RAY

1 - 20 of 30 Posts