Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a car that might be insured with hagerty. There is a section which asks if I will be racing the car. How many actualy check that box? Its not a full blown race car and if raced at all will only be couple times a year. Should I check that box? Just curious why they ask or what will happen if I say yes to that?

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Not a big fan of Hagerty!I have mine through American Collectors, Grundy is another..

·
Registered
10,763 Posts
I represent Haggerty and they will insure race cars. Now if this is a show car that you race on occasion they will most likely decline because when they insure a race car the liability coverage is removed because the car is not insured at the track. So bottom line, it's a race car or show car and they are not going to provide liability coverage on a race car.

Hope this helps.

·
Banned
10,492 Posts
Maybe mine is Grandfathered in. I have Hagerty. A few years ago, I called them and told them I was putting in a cage and that I understood that the car was not insured at the track. MY policy went from like $180 a year to $380 but, they took my money. I been insured with them since the year 2000.

·
mail order brides wanted
3,234 Posts
I WOULD ASK THE PROVIDER,NOT THE BULLET.IT USUALLY MEANS THEY WILL ADJUST THE AMOUNT YOU PAY FOR THE STATED VALUE YOU REQUEST TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION YOU MAY INTERMITTENTLY TAKE IT TO THE TRACK.IF THEY DO OFFER ON TRACK COVERAGE,YOU ARE GOOD.IF THEY STATE,NO ON TRACK COVERAGE,YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE.YOU RACE IT ON YOUR DIME KNOWING THAT IF YOU WRECK IT,YOU PAY FOR IT YOURSELF.IF YOU LIE TO SAVE DOLLARS & DO WRECK IT ON THE TRACK,NO COVERAGE AT ALL & POLICY CANCELLED.GOOD LUCK GETTING ANY COVERAGE AFTER THAT.INS COMPANIES HATE IT WHEN YOU LIE TO THEM.

·
mail order brides wanted
3,234 Posts
If you say yes, they decline coverage. Nitrous soenoids and roll cage are a big no no with them also.
NOT CORRECT IN MY CASE.THEY INSURED A BLOWN/NITROUSED STREET CAR.POLICY SPECIFICALLY STATED NO RACING/ON TRACK COVERAGE.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Had no issue with Hagerty insuring my '93 Ranger pro-streeter. I re-did my coverage for theft/fire/paddock only this year along with my enclosed trailer. I new I would have no time to drive it this year so decided against the extra coverage.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
How about in Canada? Any input?

I had a line on hot rod with a roll cage insurance through a guy in my town at a brokerage, who was also handling my daily driver insurance, but I am reluctant to go with them now since with a 15 minute phone call another company my insurance on my DD dropped a significant amount a year.

They would insure my Malibu with a roll cage, under the understanding that if I smashed it up at the track, it was on my dime.

The only other carrier in this area that insures modified vehicles doesn't insure vehicles modified with "racing equipment", spray, roll cage, wheelie bars, etc.

So, anyone have any suggestions for Canada?

Sorry for the thread hijack.

·
Registered
948 Posts
i have hagerty and told them i race the car. they stated it was covered everywhere except on the track, including in the pits and on a trailer. the only "issue" i had with the app is i had to lower the estimate horsepower

·
its blingtiffic™
9,829 Posts
Hartland Ins FTMFW!!!

·
Registered
796 Posts
How about in Canada? Any input?

I had a line on hot rod with a roll cage insurance through a guy in my town at a brokerage, who was also handling my daily driver insurance, but I am reluctant to go with them now since with a 15 minute phone call another company my insurance on my DD dropped a significant amount a year.

They would insure my Malibu with a roll cage, under the understanding that if I smashed it up at the track, it was on my dime.

The only other carrier in this area that insures modified vehicles doesn't insure vehicles modified with "racing equipment", spray, roll cage, wheelie bars, etc.

So, anyone have any suggestions for Canada?

Sorry for the thread hijack.
I honestly don't think that anyone does much with any modified car around here

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.