Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Oh Man-he is a beauty-I am sorry for you loss-its never easy.we grow way attatched to ours-I love these critters like my own flesh--anyway I know it wont bring him back but he will always be there watching over you.RIP

·
Proud Canadian
2,734 Posts
Was he/she very old.My shepherd was 18yrs old when I put her down.Her hips were gone could not walk any more.Sorry for loss.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he was going to be 10 on christmas eve. he had some hip issues but we have had him on a low dose of deramax and it worked wonders. we just had his blood work done in august and all was fine. the vet said the only way this would have been found was by ultra sound and you only do that if the dog is sick. he was fine up until tuesday night. i had monday off and was playing ball with him.

·
Head Phuckstick
18,618 Posts
Sorry to hear man, But give it time for it gets easier.

Shannon

·
502 daddy
3,311 Posts
So sorry he was beautiful

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sorry for your loss. That is the worst thing we have to do as dog owners. But we have no choice. When the time comes, we have to do it to relieve them of the suffering as much as we want to prolong their life.

If they live as long as people, there probable be less kids in this world.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I know the pain all to well, my best buddy was diagnosed with inoperable cancer 2 weeks ago, he has about 6 months. Hes still happy as can be, but it brings me to tears to even think about the day he goes. Your definitly in my thoughts man, im so sorry to hear.

·
Registered
20,007 Posts
good looking doggie, it doesnt ever get easy-i lost one of my cats Tuesday, Miss Poo (Katie) i felt she was going Mon night, she had a bad thyroid gland, needed daily meds., lost all her hearing, prob past 2 years she was out of it, but was always a sweetheart
she was over 16 years old, her brother is still kicking though
every Christmas my wife dresses all the cats up, they hate it

·
Vendor
6,460 Posts
Sorry to hear that bud! It breaks your heart to make that call, but you did the right thing, in some way as hard as it is to believe. It's going on 7 weeks since I had to do that and still get choked up thinking about the good times and his life as a puppy and the joy he brought us. Hang in there IT WILL get better.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had to put my boy down a few years back, upset everyone in the family. best advice get a pup asap it will take your mind off the lose.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts