Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was the hardest thing i ever had to do. he was going to be ten on christmas eve and ended up getting an aggresive form of cancer on his spleen. we went to work on tuesday and all was fine. he started to act like he was sick that night when i got home. the next morning he was a bit more lathargic so we made a vet appointment asap which was 2:30. my wife took a 1/2 day and took him in, he didn't seem any worse from the morning. she left him there for x-rays and blood work then about 45 minutes later they said he needed to go to the emergency room a cuople of towns away. when we picked him up he was bad, not walking to well and breathing fast. hid gums were pale and his blood count was down, internal bleeding. so we russhed him to the e.r. i had to carry him in and they took him instantly. about 15 minutes later we were told about the cancer that had spread to his liver and most likely lungs also. chances of an operation being succesful were slim to none so we went in to see him, say our goodbyes and hold him as he went to sleep. that was the hardest thing i have had to do. i took him to be cremated today and he is now home. R.I.P. Tyson, you will be missed.

·
Stackin' plates
13,859 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I lost my dog about a month ago. Its gets easier with time. :(

·
Registered
311 Posts
Been there too. Put down one sick dog and one dog that was too big of a liability. Both my best friends. They are both in my living room. Keep your chin up and know you did the right thing. And, enjoy thinking back on all of the good memories.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Sorry dude, he was a gorgeous dog.

·
pist'n Broke
20,936 Posts
sorry to hear, kinda sounds like the same thing that killed mine. same symptoms but it took a week. AND HE WAS 9. RIP.

·
Registered
37,822 Posts
Gorgeous dog. Rip, buddy.

I had a Shepherd back in high school that lived 15 years. Died peacefully in her sleep. I wish it could always be that easy; I've had plenty of heartbreakers since and two more are coming up pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks everyone. it came on so quick. the vet said that a legion had burst and that is what was causing the internal bleeding. it all went down in 20 hours from when we first saw the symptoms, he was too young.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Absolutely beautiful dog. Sorry for your loss. Heart goes out to ya.
Take care.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I feel your pain, had to do the same a few months ago. Mattie
Was 14. Definately the hardest decision I made to put her down. RIP Tyson I hope you are up there playing with Mattie.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Had to put my buddy down in March and it SUCKS.Have his ashes in an urn by the computer and his leash hanging from my rear view mirror.Talk to him all the time.Bad thing is he would put his head in my lap and we'd watch football on Sundays.

·
Registered
548 Posts
very sad day , I feel you pain.....

1 - 20 of 79 Posts