Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone broke into my truck while I was at work today and among other things stole my Glock 33. I had a police report done and was able to give them the serial number but was curious if there was anything else I should do about the gun being stolen.

·
I feared for my life!!!
14,663 Posts
Someone broke into my truck while I was at work today and among other things stole my Glock 33. I had a police report done and was able to give them the serial number but was curious if there was anything else I should do about the gun being stolen.
Sorry for your loss. You should go buy a new replacement ASAP.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Sorry for your loss. You should go buy a new replacement ASAP.
Dude, that is a sore subject...

Adam- Tell them what you missed out on today?

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
That sucks, sorry to hear it... We shouldn't have to leave weapons unattended in vehicles, ever....

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,113 Posts
HAPPENED TO ME A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO......VIOLATED....IS THE FEELING YOU GET.....FREAKIN SUCKS!

I KEEP HOPING I'LL GET IT BACK :rolleyes:

BUT OH WELL LESSON LEARNED......ADAM JUST LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE.....NOW YOU GET TO GET ANOTHER ONE :)

·
102,312 Posts
Best thing you did was report it. That weapon is on every list in the U.S now. Sure would be a feather in my cap if I find it.

·
I feared for my life!!!
14,663 Posts
That sucks, sorry to hear it... We shouldn't have to leave weapons unattended in vehicles, ever....
I use a hiding spot if I have to leave it in the truck. I never leave it in the console or the glove box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Smoked another bbc,
thanks for posting us.

Pullin gears,
sorry for the loss and best of luck on getting it back.

Best Regards,
Aaron Crowder
Founder/StolenWeapon.com

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude, that is a sore subject...

Adam- Tell them what you missed out on today?
Yeah yesterday was Glock day at my local Glock dealer
They were giving away $150 worth of free stuff with every Glock purchase. I was planning on getting one anyway but by the time I finished with the police they were closed.

Probably going to buy another 33...I loved that little cannon!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I use a hiding spot if I have to leave it in the truck. I never leave it in the console or the glove box.
Lesson learned, I work at the airport so I can't take it in with me...I'll definintely be finding a hiding spot from now on.

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
One of mine was stolen out of my console in the driveway, some weeks back. I reported it ASAP. I've already got it back. Fuckin' scumbag neighbor punk had it.[lives behind us] He goes to court on the 24th.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Some states like SC tell you where you have to keep it in the car (glovebox or console) And at what places you have to leave it in the car, even if you have a permit.... Smart huh? It doesn't take a real smart criminal to figure out what parking lots to hit and where to look.

·
Registered
835 Posts
There are some companies out there that also make small lock boxes just to keep a handgun locked up when you are away from a vehicle. I am always in something different so it wouldn't work out for me as they bolt in iirc but if you only drive one vehicle most of the time may be worth looking into.

Something else you may not be aware of but if you join the Glock shooting foundation [35.00yr] one of the benefits is that you can buy one gun per year and get the LE discount on it .

http://www.gssfonline.com/hot-topics.cfm

·
I feared for my life!!!
14,663 Posts
Some states like SC tell you where you have to keep it in the car (glovebox or console) And at what places you have to leave it in the car, even if you have a permit.... Smart huh? It doesn't take a real smart criminal to figure out what parking lots to hit and where to look.
Won't have to worry about that in MD will we? I mean, since we're not allowed to have a gun at all... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Won't have to worry about that in MD will we? I mean, since we're not allowed to have a gun at all... :rolleyes:
I am....:) And the good thing here is, because hardly anyone has a permit, there aren't many restrictions on where you can carry...... Yet.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah thats why it was in the console. Whoever did it obviously only opened the glove box and console because a lot of somewhat expensive seat in the back on the floor wasn't taken. I will definitely be putting it in a new spot from now on.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There are some companies out there that also make small lock boxes just to keep a handgun locked up when you are away from a vehicle. I am always in something different so it wouldn't work out for me as they bolt in iirc but if you only drive one vehicle most of the time may be worth looking into.

Something else you may not be aware of but if you join the Glock shooting foundation [35.00yr] one of the benefits is that you can buy one gun per year and get the LE discount on it .

http://www.gssfonline.com/hot-topics.cfm
I like that...thanks!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts