Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to buy some really bright HID headlights. Ive seen numerous kinds of bulbs.
Can some one explain to me the different kinds of bulbs, and which ones give the most color. I have blue in my grand prix, but it does not put out that much color. Im looking for a bright purple now.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Go to TOPHIDKITS.com $75 shipped for high/lows.
If you want purple get 12000ks
They are different heat ranges which tell you how much color they give off. 4300k are like true white 6000k are mix between white and blue 8000k are blue 10000k are blue/purple.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have 12,000k Blue in my grand prix. Dont get me wrong, they are very bright, but they dont produce alot of the color for some reason. I want the bulbs, that produce the light, and the color as well.

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im looking to get the most color out of it. the 12,000k is bright, and i like that, but theres really not alot of color. http://electronicfiend.com/30000K-Xenon-HID-Kit-Single-Beam-Purple/

I have the entire 12,000k kit in the car. Wondering if i would need to change the hid box to the one from this kit? In the pics on that site, is really what im going for.

·
Team CoRuPt
1,810 Posts
The higher the number the brighter the color will be, but it will not give you as much vision. 6K is the best compromise of color and visibility.

·
wife/gf thread MOD
2,715 Posts
the lower the number the brighter they are. the best ones are the 4300k. 12 or 15000k are the ones you want for purple depending on the company

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I don't know about other states but in washington the higher colored bulbs are ileagal and the cops WILL give you a ticket
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
14,495 Posts
I am going to market a fold down mirrored visor to mount in the back of the vehicle so you lightbulb cowboys can get a taste of you own medicine....PS the mirrors will be at the hieght of the drivers head so the rare people out there who know how to mount shield and aim these lights will not be affected, just the idiots putting HID bulbs in standard housings and the like.

I personally wish the cops would get off there lazy doughnut eating asses and enforce the laws that are on the books for this moulie shit.

Next post I will let you know how I really feel and not hold back so much :smt077

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know about other states but in washington the higher colored bulbs are ileagal and the cops WILL give you a ticket
Posted via Mobile Device
Depends. I have been running around with 12,000K in my various cars and motorcycles. Never once been pulled over for it and never once asked about it even when pulled over for something else. I live next to Seattle.

·
They call me HateTank
2,836 Posts
Depends. I have been running around with 12,000K in my various cars and motorcycles. Never once been pulled over for it and never once asked about it even when pulled over for something else. I live next to Seattle.
OMG!!!! Newbie Police are gonna Gettcha......As for the topic,Maybe I'm OLD but why would you want colored headlights? I can understand bright and white but I don't get colored.....Damn I am OLD!!!

·
Mstr Of Useless Knowledge
3,446 Posts
I bought a set for my daughters car a couple of weeks ago and have had nothing but trouble..... First they would just turn off. Found that I was losing 12 volts to the ballast,, took the relay apart and found could solder joints..... repaired that... now they may come on and then one side may go out. Turn the lights off and back on and it will come back on... Hell the thing is you don't know which side it going to be the one that goes out, it could be either one. When it does go out I still have my 12 volts to the ballast so I know the relay is good.....

·
Registered
12,205 Posts
Posted via Mobile Device
Holds true in AR! And Jeff,guess ya should have bought um at DNW! LOL! I have 6k's in my highs but refuse to put um in my lows just because I'm not that big of an asshole yet! But I just LOOOOOVE kickin on the highs for people who do!

·
Beer makes me pee
9,712 Posts
Are yall using these in the 7 inch headlight adapters? I bought some off on ebay and the lenses where crap and were loose in the headlight bucket. I sent them back and I am looking for a quality system to for the 7 inch round.

·
Pro Spectator
5,550 Posts
purple headlights are GAY!!!!
anything over 6000k temperature are a waste of time/money & just piss off other drivers unless they are ricers:-gay

1 - 20 of 26 Posts