Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the odds? Was discussing this with a buddy today. Living down near the border, we consistently see news stories where some guys house was burglarized and multiple weapons are stolen. It's never a single gun, it is always "multiple weapons" were stolen.

So I figure gun runners have people working at gun stores. The employee's know who buys a lot of ammo and even have a record of what type of weapons a home owner has. They sell the info to gun runners, gun runners hire some fools to break in and steal your weapons.

What do you all think? Possible? And how well do you know the guy selling you the ammo at the gun store?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I think its more than possible. There was a stereo theft ring around when I was younger and I remember hearing that one of the guys caught worked in one of the busiest stereo shops around.

And I reload, and the guy where I go for supplies is about 100years old. But if he dies it makes me wonder.

·
102,312 Posts
What are the odds? Was discussing this with a buddy today. Living down near the border, we consistently see news stories where some guys house was burglarized and multiple weapons are stolen. It's never a single gun, it is always "multiple weapons" were stolen.

So I figure gun runners have people working at gun stores. The employee's know who buys a lot of ammo and even have a record of what type of weapons a home owner has. They sell the info to gun runners, gun runners hire some fools to break in and steal your weapons.

What do you all think? Possible? And how well do you know the guy selling you the ammo at the gun store?
Just the reason I buy my ammo at Wal-Mart. All they want to see is green. I have not given an address when buying ammo.

Also I keep my shit locked up at the house unless they want to steal a gun vault. Hell it took two of us to get it in the house.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,555 Posts
I think its more than possible. There was a stereo theft ring around when I was younger and I remember hearing that one of the guys caught worked in one of the busiest stereo shops around.

And I reload, and the guy where I go for supplies is about 100years old. But if he dies it makes me wonder.
that was going on in fl when i lived there one of the big shops that aint in biz now got caught doing that..they would sale you your system and if it was a big badass deal like 400$ or better they had crack heads that would go steal it weeks later then they would re sale the shit..the ring that good busted led the cops to watch there as and it just so happens they where also moving X and then cops got the owners on both that shit.

i new some one that new some one that ran guns and them guns where always brand new..like in the box with manuals an all type of new..

·
Registered
448 Posts
Doesn't necessarily have to be a gun store employee. For a while in Orlando, FL there was a group of thieves that would follow people home from shooting ranges and either rob them as they were getting out of their cars or come back after they left the house. The guns would then be slipped onto airliners and transported to Puerto Rico.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Doesn't necessarily have to be a gun store employee. For a while in Orlando, FL there was a group of thieves that would follow people home from shooting ranges and either rob them as they were getting out of their cars or come back after they left the house. The guns would then be slipped onto airliners and transported to Puerto Rico.
wow, that takes some nerve to run up on someone that you know without doubt has a gun and could kill you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts