Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
i know of gun lake performance. it was actually right down the road about 5 miles.. Jeff used to build some quick cars. in fact he did my 6pt and did a few other things on my car ..

what car did u buy? pics?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
70.5 camaro pro mod. looks like the chassis was pink when it was new...lol. solid black now.

·
Registered
680 Posts
here the car is . nice car

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I had one for a long time "The Pumpkin" loved it.It was 1 of the best cars I've ever had,and I've had a bunch.It drove so good my son went 4.37 the VERY first time he was ever in a door car (at 16). The ONLY reason I sold it was just a little heavy for some of the stuff we run.If yours is like mine,the more power you put to it the better it will handle.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help with the pic....lol and thanks for the comment. It seems like it is going to be a good one.

·
Registered
70 Posts
that is Jeffs Coveys original "Fast Times" pro mod, (gun lake's house car) Jeff set the track racord at Brown County aroung 96 or so with a 4.36. The car was a rocket ship for sure. The last time I heard about the car it was in TX. I have a ton of pics from start to finish of the car when Jeff built it.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Boy does that bring back memories, yes that was Jeff's own car. I can remember him running super comp with a lenco in that car before he went pro mod with it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that is Jeffs Coveys original "Fast Times" pro mod, (gun lake's house car) Jeff set the track racord at Brown County aroung 96 or so with a 4.36. The car was a rocket ship for sure. The last time I heard about the car it was in TX. I have a ton of pics from start to finish of the car when Jeff built it.
any way i could get you to send me the pics? [email protected].

·
Registered
749 Posts
Lol the viper. I remember when that came out. Still couldn't beat the used up pos Monte. The good old days.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Lol the viper. I remember when that came out. Still couldn't beat the used up pos Monte. The good old days.
They couldn't have done much with it,it only had a couple of passes with a little motor before I got it.I thought the good old days were 40 years ago,not 7 LOL.:)

·
Registered
749 Posts
That was Ralphys car.....

It ran good. He beat us for a championship in that thing.

Ralphy was a good guy.....

·
LOVING LIFE
6,246 Posts
Jeff Covey
Great guy and a guy who turned out to be a very good craftsman, I remember the good ol days when COVEY was bracket racing in the mid and late 80's and getting better each year with his fab skills. That old camaro you bought is a damn good car. Not sure what your plan is for it, but it would make a HELL OF A 4.70 index car. Or Q-8 car.
Good luck and keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts