Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. for my speech class, i elected to do a persuasive speech on 'gun control.' i am against gun control since it's anti-american, a violation of the 2nd amendment and downright bullshit. for this speech, i need to present the arguments for, the arguments against, and the side i am on. i have looked over the nra website and got some good info there and am looking for more suggestions to include in my presentation. thank you in advance.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
hello all. for my speech class, i elected to do a persuasive speech on 'gun control.' i am against gun control since it's anti-american, a violation of the 2nd amendment and downright bullshit. for this speech, i need to present the arguments for, the arguments against, and the side i am on. i have looked over the nra website and got some good info there and am looking for more suggestions to include in my presentation. thank you in advance.

Do a search and get some crime stats for cities like Chicago/Wash DC/ NYC/ Detroit,,, that have strict gun laws and compare them to with less restrictive laws.
Also, point out that Switzerland has the lowest rate of gun crimes in the world, even though EVERY citizen is issued a rifle when they turn 18 and is trained in how to use it.

I can't come up with a single reason FOR gun control, sorry

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do a search and get some crime stats for cities like Chicago/Wash DC/ NYC/ Detroit,,, that have strict gun laws and compare them to with less restrictive laws.
Also, point out that Switzerland has the lowest rate of gun crimes in the world, even though EVERY citizen is issued a rifle when they turn 18 and is trained in how to use it.

I can't come up with a single reason FOR gun control, sorry
those are some good suggestions. Thanks. Anyone else care to shed some light on this topic?

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
What you should do a speach on is how our punishments for certain crimes are no where near stiff enough ie there should be no such thing as life in prison. It should automatically be the death penalty and carried out no more than 30 days after conviction.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Oh, and if you want an example of Chicago's gun control failure, mention the police officer that was recently shot and killed.

Survived two tours of duty in Iraq....Came home to be murdered by 4 gun-wielding shitheads that were trying to steal his bike from him. Luckily, the cop's dad is a retired Chicago Sergeant and was able to shot and kill one shithead, and severely injure a second. Otherwise they would have gotten away unscaved.

·
photobomber
2,512 Posts
I always liked the following thought experiment...

Imagine a world where, by waving a magic wand, you could make all firearms everywhere disappear forever. Never mind that it's not possible, and that no matter what laws are passed or how vigorously they're enforced, guns will always exist, and people with bad intent will always be able to find and use them if they are motivated to do so. Just imagine it.

What you've created is a world in which smaller, weaker individuals are always at the mercy of stronger, bigger people. Specifically, where men will always dominate women, because women no longer have the means to defend themselves against physically stronger men. You've turned the clock back 400 years or more on civilization, because if you are not proficient in hand-to-hand combat, you will need to be under the protection of someone who is - your husband, father, or local chief/tribal leader/noble.

·
Senior Frog
10,315 Posts
"An armed society is a polite society." That's a good quote to toss into the mix.

its one way of thinking.......Better than the get rid of all guns idea.....

Imagine some scum bag trying to rob a Walmart
with 25 CCs pointing a gun back at him.......

·
King of all Assclowns
11,285 Posts
If the government does decide to take guns away from us, they will only be able to take away registered firearms because those are the only ones they know about. Criminals obtain guns through illegal methods meaning they are not registered. By taking guns away from law abiding Americans the government will do nothing but give the advantage solely to the criminals.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Gun control isn't about guns, its about gun control. Look at the gun control policies put into place shortly before the major genocides in recent history.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts