Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
I tried to search to make sure it wasn't posted, but the search wasn't working.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/06/chevy-camaro-zl1-lines-up-against-ford-shelby-gt500-on-the-dyno/

I've owned several mustangs, loved my '03 Cobra, and this new GT500 is making me want to sell the house to swing one. Ford has done a 180, I just wish the price wasn't completely insane.

The price seems high when compared to previous generations of Mustangs, but if you think about what you get for the money in the '13 GT500, it really is a great car for the price. It is a lot of coin to drop, but for the money you get a lot of car in return.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My problem with the price is that there are going to thousands of V6s which look a lot like it all over the road - and they cost 1/2 of the GT500.

I agree it's a good value, but at some point it seems like they should differentiate it more from the base models appearance wise. It'd be awesome if they put that drivetrain in something like a modern Shelby Cobra.

·
Son of Mr. David-get it ?
15,668 Posts
My problem with the price is that there are going to thousands of V6s which look a lot like it all over the road - and they cost 1/2 of the GT500.

I agree it's a good value, but at some point it seems like they should differentiate it more from the base models appearance wise. It'd be awesome if they put that drivetrain in something like a modern Shelby Cobra.
I agree.
The 2013 V-6 Mustang has got to be the best looking base model Mustang ever. The GT hood or GT500 hood and the fatter tires are the difference.

The V-6 Camaro looks just like the SS so I have to look for the tiny slit openings in front of the hood. Not much difference between the two. At least the ZL1 has a distinct hood and nose piece.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
The sound difference is pretty amazing.
Why only a 6k redline on the zl1?

·
Super Moderator
45,864 Posts
I agree.
The 2013 V-6 Mustang has got to be the best looking base model Mustang ever. The GT hood or GT500 hood and the fatter tires are the difference.

The V-6 Camaro looks just like the SS so I have to look for the tiny slit openings in front of the hood. Not much difference between the two. At least the ZL1 has a distinct hood and nose piece.
I've always said,......the main reason the Camaro was discontinued in 03 was just that,.....poor styling. During the 90s and early 2000s, the Z28 and SS always had equal if not better performance numbers right from the dealer than the stock GT Mustang when tested by Car+Driver, Motortrend, Hot Rod,...etc...and was always praised for being the best bang for the buck,........but was always out sold by the Mustang. Why? Because the Mustang always looked the part, ...it had all the bells and whistles. Hood scoops, quarter scoops, fender louvers, spoilers, decals, badging,.........this stuff sells.

The Camaro on the other hand,..you couldn't tell a base 6 banger from a top of the line Z28 even if it ran you over. All it had was some basically non existant side shirts and a "black" Z28 emblem.

The 2003 anniversary SS Camaro, with all it's badging and checkered flag hood and deck lid stripes, hood scoop and spoilers, was the way the stock Z28 should have been delivered. GM dropped the ball in design and paid for it in poor sales. They're trying with the new ones but,.......

·
Registered
954 Posts
Camaro sounds like a wet fart. I wouldnt kick the Camaro to the curb but if Im payin for it there would be a black on black Shelby in the drive way.

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's incredible.. Also kind of interesting reading the back and forth between Lethal and Evolution on that thread.

I should buy a '13 GT500 and write it off as a RaceIQ expense ;)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah i think the Shelby kills it, but I hope Chevy comes out with a killer Camaro for the next generation.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With snapshot from progressive I'm sure it's fine..

Until they realize you're driving it like a bat out of hell. ;)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
It was nice of that dipshit to drive right over the ratchet strap at the end of the video

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There's another video on YouTube wit Leno driving the 500, it's pretty good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts