Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
19,814 Posts
^ They got the whole World to live in but once they dig under my shed or dig under my bridge, it's game on !
A guy I know lives on some acreage with some crops. He was saying he got some sort of kill trap that you put over entrances because his grandmother was sitting in her bedroom window popping them with a rifle. When I asked if they were that big of a problem he said that they were digging around the foundation of his house and he was concerned. So this is in one summer, I asked how many he had gotten so far and he said 33. Floored me for sure.

·
Registered
16,114 Posts
Turtles usually don't eat live fish, They are scavengers. They also don't dig holes except to lay eggs. They will bury themselves in the mud bottom if they are threatened. Muskrats are mainly plant eaters but will tunnel into your dam no doubt.
My pond is man made (made it about 25 years ago) only about 1 acre. If not eating my stocked fish I cant see what it would be eating. If they are eating dead stuff like you are saying, why did mother nature give it a jaw that is like a vise?

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
20200522_115350.jpg

Friday before Memorial Day.
22 hornet.
Yes they can become a real and expensive problem.
For those guys that have problems with them and are in a area where shooting them is not possible.
5 or 6 feet of garden hose a funnel to in the garden hose , 1 gallon of bleach and something heavy to cover the hole with.

They will wreak havoc on your garden, farm crops ,foundations and floors.
Plus they steal the clover that the deer are supposed to be eating...

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
My pond is man made (made it about 25 years ago) only about 1 acre. If not eating my stocked fish I cant see what it would be eating. If they are eating dead stuff like you are saying, why did mother nature give it a jaw that is like a vise?
They eat what they can catch and they aren't nearly fast enough to catch most fish. They don't need to eat very often, They can go weeks without food.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Henry rifles are cool.

I love Henry cowboy action rifles. Mine has taken lots of squirrel. Henrys are well-made guns, and the walnut stocks are among the best in the business in terms of fit and finish if you ask me. Sadly the same can't be said for the receivers. The fit and function is excellent, but the finish is a little lacking as they are not blue/black steel, but are instead painted pot metal. (Even the Golden Boys have faux brass receivers witch are actually plated pot metal.) While Gun Scrubber doesn't seem to affect the paint, other solvents will, in fact, strip it and leave only the unfinished metal underneath. They are budget guns, though, so there's that. Here's my 25 year old Henry Classic repeater in all its ugliness...or with all its character, depending on your POV...

·
Registered
16,114 Posts
View attachment 91238
Friday before Memorial Day.
22 hornet.
Yes they can become a real and expensive problem.
For those guys that have problems with them and are in a area where shooting them is not possible.
5 or 6 feet of garden hose a funnel to in the garden hose , 1 gallon of bleach and something heavy to cover the hole with.

They will wreak havoc on your garden, farm crops ,foundations and floors.
Plus they steal the clover that the deer are supposed to be eating...
son got a G-hog yesterday too. Never thought to post pic of it. Its a beautiful day here in SW PA (60 and sunny ) and I am still at camp, might have to go sit under a tree and look for critters in and around my pond.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts