Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you say is the lowest ground clearence that would be safe for street driving, if you are carefull.

Thanks
Junk

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine with me in it the header to ground clearence is about 1 1/2"
on the driver side and about 3 1/2 on the pass side, I got a little hasty with cuttin the springs, i think i over did it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Mine with me in it the header to ground clearence is about 1 1/2"
on the driver side and about 3 1/2 on the pass side, I got a little hasty with cuttin the springs, i think i over did it.
Been there, done that.
As low as you can go and be above the scrub line if you wanna be truly safe. So if any part of the car is lower than than the rim should you pop a tire you ain't gonna be able steer or stop properly.

For the next cut remember its a 2:1 (approx) ratio when you cut. If you cut 1" of height from the spring it will lower the car 2" at the spindle.

·
green to go
2,147 Posts
It depends on where you live, here in Chicago you better have about 6 to 10 inches clearence ( roads suck)
my only trip to detroit was in my straight axle anglia....other wise , i'd have taken out most man hole covers or lost it in a pot hole....my model a is about 3 1/2"....thank god they've paved a bunch of roads around here....:) brandon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts