Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think grip angle doesn't make a difference, look at these distinctly different grip angles. Top pistol is a G21 Glock and bottom is SigSauer 227:

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah..which do you prefer ??
The Glock is easier to get an initial grip on. I'll take either one to a gunfight though.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Personally, I think the 1911 pattern handguns have the perfect grip angle. It could be just me, but in more than 60 years of shooting
I have yet to find some thing else that I feel more comfortable with.

....................................... Jack

·
Registered
784 Posts
I love the Glock grip angle... I have been shooting one since receiving my first when I was 14... It just feels natural compared to any other handgun(M&P, 1911s, revolvers, etc) I can draw and acquire the sight picture almost second nature. Do this, holster your weapon, close your eyes, draw and point... now open your eyes... are the sights aligned? Is the front sight lower than the rear or vice versa? With my Glock, it's dead on for me every time... Just my .02

·
Just a Mean Ol' Phucker
21,399 Posts
I actually like the ergonomics of the Glocks, but I don't particularly like the grip angle. I've shot Glocks for years off and on, and I continually shoot high with them...Personally, I prefer to shoot low, if I'm going to be "off" the mark. With the Glocks, I have to make a concerted effort to keep the front of the gun down where I want it.

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll put up the 1911, Sig, and Glock later side by side.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
1977Nova;3****786 said:
I actually like the ergonomics of the Glocks, but I don't particularly like the grip angle. I've shot Glocks for years off and on, and I continually shoot high with them...Personally, I prefer to shoot low, if I'm going to be "off" the mark. With the Glocks, I have to make a concerted effort to keep the front of the gun down where I want it.
It's a personal preference thing. I wanted a Glock 17 and Beretta 92 for years. When I finally bought them neither felt comfortable. Also couldn't hit swat. Hogue grips changed that for me on the Beretta. Nothing helped the Glock. I just traded it off. I'm more comfortable and accurate with a 1911 or Highpower.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Flat and curved mainspring housing makes a big difference for me on a 1911 using natural point of aim.

I shoot about 2" low at 7 yards with a flat and right on with a curved.

I shoot right on with my Glock 21 in stock grip configuration too.

·
Registered
20,086 Posts
When I had my Beretta 92 I never was comfortable with it, same for my 1911 which was Gov. issue when I was a Federal armed Courier, but we
had to qualify and carry it, so you got used to it-one of the most comfortable ones I use is my C & R legal CZ 82-not a ton of stopping power,
but it just feels good

·
Registered
32,919 Posts
After carrying a Hi-Power for 35 years - pretty much nothing else feels as comfortable.

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Top left Sig Tac Pac 1911
Bottom left Wilson combat 1996A2
Glock 21 upper right
Sig Sauer P220 lower right.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
First time I picked up a Glock it felt really weird in my hand- got used to it after packing it for a couple of years.

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I tried Glocks at one time. Just never seemed to feel right. I'm liking the 227 grip, though. Feels more natural for me.
226 and 227 really allows me to dig in and get a firm grip on the weapon.

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yup. Same here.

My only gripe with the Sig is that I can't get the tenth round in either mag. Not that big of a deal, I guess.
Hmm strange. I got 11 in my 227 right now, one chambered and ten magazine.

·
Registered
13,262 Posts
Hmm strange. I got 11 in my 227 right now, one chambered and ten magazine.
Weird. I fought it like crazy and gave up. Both mags. That was with Winchester white box. I shoot the good ammo five at a time. I'll try it with other ammo, although I can't imagine why it would change.

BTW, have you tried the 14 rounders? They're pricy!

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Weird. I fought it like crazy and gave up. Both mags. That was with Winchester white box. I shoot the good ammo five at a time. I'll try it with other ammo, although I can't imagine why it would change.

BTW, have you tried the 14 rounders? They're pricy!
14 rounds? I need more than 11 I better have something with some hand guards attached to it LOL.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts