Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am running a part# 34G10 Griner billet Transbrake Valve body in a GM Turbo 400, purchased in 2014.
I understand they are no longer made... My question is, is anyone running this VB, and if so do you have a replacement solenoid, source?

·
Registered
125 Posts
As far as I know a replacement solenoid is no longer available. How ever if I remember correctly there are some companies that offer a rebuilding service for them. I think the extreme automatics Valve body uses a very similar one . You may want to reach out and see what information you can gather. I'm sure some of the other professionals on here will chime in .

·
Super Moderator
20,024 Posts
There are plans to remake a drop in solenoid for the Griner vb but it is not yet available.
Is your current solenoid not working?

Hutch

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are plans to remake a drop in solenoid for the Griner vb but it is not yet available.
Is your current solenoid not working?

Hutch
I have not completely ruled out other issues, but at the end of last season, the transbrake failed on a couple of passes. Just thought a spare solenoid, source would be in my best interest, especially being the co. is out of business...

·
Super Moderator
20,024 Posts
They rarely give problems. Either way, yours can be rebuilt if not replaced shortly so don't worry. Check your wiring, buttons etc before going for the solenoid.

Hutch

·
Registered
305 Posts
I am running a part# 34G10 Griner billet Transbrake Valve body in a GM Turbo 400, purchased in 2014.
I understand they are no longer made... My question is, is anyone running this VB, and if so do you have a replacement solenoid, source?
Check withCaroline
As far as I know a replacement solenoid is no longer available. How ever if I remember correctly there are some companies that offer a rebuilding service for them. I think the extreme automatics Valve body uses a very similar one . You may want to reach out and see what information you can gather. I'm sure some of the other professionals on here will chime in .
Contact Caroline at proformance Transmissions. She can get them rebuilt. If you are using a fuel Tech, do not wire it the way they recommend. It will burn out the solenoid..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts